Celecoxib is a new complex for treating severe pain and inflammatory symptoms. A long course of treatment relieves swelling and normalizes the general condition of the body.
Manufacturer studies were conducted on patients with arthritis. The drug helped each of them and was able to remove the unpleasant symptoms of the disease. Concentration of the composition of Celecoxib in plasma occurs 3 hours after administration. If you take the drug on an empty stomach, it is well absorbed in the body and acts faster.
Do not drink pills with fatty foods, as it will delay the action of the drug and show a vague picture of therapy for the doctor.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Celecoxib (200 mg capsules)? The average price in pharmacies is 450 rubles.
Composition and release form
1 capsule contains:
- active ingredient: celecoxib - 100 or 200 mg;
- additional substances: sodium lauryl sulfate, lactose monohydrate, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, povidone K-30;
- capsule shell: gelatin, titanium dioxide, additionally for 200 mg - iron oxide yellow (iron oxide).
Release the drug in the form of capsules: gelatinous solid, size No. 0, white (dosage 100 mg) and yellow (dosage 200 mg) color; capsule contents - compacted mass, disintegrating when lightly pressed, or granular powder of almost white or white color (10 pieces each in a blister pack, in a cardboard pack of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 10 packs; 10, 50 or 100 pieces in a plastic jar, in a cardboard bundle of 1 bank and instructions for using Celecoxib).
When is Celecoxib prescribed?
The indications for prescribing Celecoxib are:
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis;
- sariatric arthritis.
The drug Celecoxib has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effects. Most often, this medication is used to get rid of pain in diseases of the musculoskeletal system, and also has a beneficial effect on the motor functions of the joints.
Celecoxib is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) of the new generation. The active ingredient of the drug has a suppressive effect on the COX-2 enzyme.
This enzyme is responsible for the development of inflammation and the appearance of pain. But at the same time, the active component does not affect the synthesis process of the COX-1 enzyme. As a result, when taking the drug there is a minimum number of side effects that are associated with the gastrointestinal tract, circulatory system and urinary organs.
The absorption of the drug is fast, while it is evenly distributed throughout all tissues. The maximum level of concentration of the active component in the blood is reached after 3 hours, the equilibrium concentration is reached on day 5. Cleavage occurs by the liver. The main elimination is carried out through the intestine together with feces about 57% and through the kidneys with urine about 27%.
- active erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastric mucosa and / or duodenal ulcer, gastric ulcer and / or duodenal ulcer in the acute phase, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- severe renal failure - creatinine clearance (CC) below 30 ml / min; confirmed hyperkalemia, progressive kidney disease;
- severe liver failure;
- Aspirin triad: partial or complete combination of recurrent nasal polyposis and paranasal sinuses, bronchial asthma, and intolerance to acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs, including other COX-2 inhibitors (including indications in history);
- age up to 18 years;
- pronounced cerebrovascular diseases, lesions of the peripheral arteries of the severe stage, clinically confirmed coronary heart disease (CHD);
- subarachnoid hemorrhage, hemorrhagic stroke;
- chronic heart failure (CHF) of the II-IV functional class according to the classification of the NYHA (New York Association of Cardiology);
- the period after coronary artery bypass surgery (in the first 10-14 days after surgery, the risk of cerebral circulation disorders and myocardial infarction is aggravated);
- inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis) during the period of exacerbation;
- pregnancy and lactation period;
- glucose-galactose malabsorption, lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance;
- hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug or sulfonamides.
Relative (Celecoxib should be treated with extreme caution):
- severe somatic diseases;
- belonging to slow metabolisers or existing suspicions of such a condition (since these patients may accumulate high concentrations of celecoxib in the blood plasma);
- advanced age, as well as low body weight, a weakened body, diuretic treatment;
- lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT), including peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, history of bleeding; the presence of Helicobacter pylori infection;
- CKD (CC 30-60 ml / min);
- fluid retention and swelling;
- a pronounced decrease in circulating blood volume (BCC), including after surgery;
- arterial hypertension, diseases of the cardiovascular system (CCC); peripheral arterial disease;
- cerebrovascular lesions;
- disorders of the liver of moderate severity, indications of a history of liver disease, hepatic porphyria;
- diabetes, dyslipidemia / hyperlipidemia;
- smoking and / or alcoholism;
- prolonged use of NSAIDs;
- combined administration with inhibitors of the CYP2C9 isoenzyme;
- concomitant treatment with the following agents: oral glucocorticosteroids (prednisone), antiplatelet agents (clopidogrel, acetylsalicylic acid), anticoagulants (warfarin), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (paroxetine, fluoxetine, sertralin, citalopram), digoxin.
Use during pregnancy
Doctors categorically prohibit taking celecoxib tablets for pregnant women. In studies, it was noted that the composition causes a toxic reaction to the fetus. Therefore, treatment can be dangerous for the future baby. Especially you need to refrain from taking in the third trimester of pregnancy. In extreme cases, the doctor may prescribe Celecoxib if it is vital for a woman.
It is not recommended to use tablets at the time of breastfeeding. There is a risk that the ingredients of the composition can get into the milk. This will result in a dangerous allergic reaction in the baby and cause complications. If there is a need to take Celecoxib, then the doctor will ask the woman to stop breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
According to the instructions, Celecoxib is taken orally with water, regardless of the meal. Without chewing, the capsule is swallowed whole without opening it.
Since the risk of complications from cardiovascular disease is exacerbated by increasing the dose and duration of therapy, the drug should be taken in the lowest effective dose of the shortest possible course. With prolonged use, the maximum daily dose should not be higher than 400 mg.
Recommended dosing regimen:
- symptomatic therapy of rheumatoid arthritis: 2 times a day, 100 or 200 mg;
- symptomatic therapy of osteoarthritis / ankylosing spondylitis: once a day, 200 mg or 2 times a day, 100 mg; with ankylosing spondylitis, in some cases, the effectiveness of the use of the drug in a daily dose of 400 mg;
- therapy of pain syndrome / primary dysmenorrhea: on the first day - an initial dose of 400 mg, if necessary, followed by an additional dose of 200 mg; from the second day of therapy - 2 times a day, 200 mg, as necessary.
Patients with an established or suspected metabolic slowdown (in carriers of the homozygous CYP2C9 * 3 genotype), as well as in patients treated with fluconazole (an inhibitor of the CYP2C9 isoenzyme), the initial recommended dose of the drug should be halved.
Improper therapy can lead to abnormalities in the following systems:
- Cardiovascular: the level of arterial pressure rises, the pulse is lost, the heartbeat increases, tachycardia occurs, the risk of ischemic stroke and myocardial infarction increases.
- Digestive: pain in the stomach, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, nausea and vomiting, the outpouring of blood into the esophagus, the development of hepatitis and liver failure.
- Central and peripheral NS: headache and dizziness, insomnia, excitability, hallucinations, impaired concentration, confusion.
- Urinary: infection, acute renal failure.
- Respiratory: pharyngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, bronchitis.
- Dermatological: allergic reaction, local alopecia, toxic necrolysis, acute pustus.
- Circulatory: anemia, thrombocytopenia.
- Reproductive: violation of the menstrual cycle.
Researches were conducted by scientists to determine the overdose response to Celecoxib.
The subjects took tablets in the amount of 1200 mg at a time. No hazardous reactions were observed. However, it must be remembered that each organism individually can respond to a large dose. Therefore, in the case of receiving large amounts of celecoxib, you should immediately go to the hospital and carry out the appropriate symptomatic procedures.
Celecoxib, having an antipyretic effect, is able to reduce the diagnostic significance of such a symptom of an infectious lesion as fever, and thereby have an impact on the diagnosis of infection.
The drug, like all coxibs, exacerbates the risk of serious side effects (including fatal) from the CVS, including thrombosis, stroke and myocardial infarction. The risk of these complications may increase with increasing dose and duration of treatment, as well as with the existing diseases of the cardiovascular system and risk factors for such lesions. In order to minimize the potential threat of such reactions, Celecoxib should be used in the lowest effective doses for the shortest possible period of treatment (as recommended by the attending physician). It is required to take into account the likelihood of these complications even in the absence of the appearance in the past of symptoms of disruption of the CAS. Patients need to be informed about the signs of serious side effects from the CVS and about the measures to be taken if they are observed.
Celecoxib may contribute to an increase in blood pressure, thus leading to the development of cardiovascular complications. In the presence of arterial hypertension, the drug should be used with caution, monitoring the blood pressure readings at the beginning of the course and throughout the entire period of treatment.
During drug therapy, extremely rarely there were cases of ulceration, perforation and bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract. The factors that increase the risk of these complications in the treatment of NSAIDs include advanced age, the presence of cardiovascular diseases, concomitant acetylsalicylic acid, bleeding, ulcers and inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract during the period of exacerbation (including indications in history). In addition, the risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract is exacerbated by combined use with oral anticoagulants and glucocorticosteroids, prolonged treatment with NSAIDs, alcohol consumption and smoking. The greatest part of serious adverse reactions from the gastrointestinal tract was observed in elderly and debilitated patients.
On the background of therapy, in very rare cases, the occurrence of such severe skin adverse reactions as Stevens-Johnson syndrome, exfoliative dermatitis, toxic epidermal necrolysis was recorded. Some of them were fatal. The highest risk of these complications occurs in the first month of treatment. Reception of Celecoxib should be immediately stopped if skin rashes, changes in mucous membranes or any other signs of hypersensitivity occur.
Interaction with other drugs
Simultaneous use with drugs that are able to inhibit the activity of the CYP2C9 isoenzyme, for example, with fluconazole, can significantly increase the concentration of Celecoxib in the plasma. Combinations with antacids - aluminum and magnesium, reduce Celecoxib absorption by about 10%, without causing a clinically significant effect. The combination of celecoxib with warfarin increases the risk of bleeding.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Ibuprofen:
- Vadim, 50 years old. Recently I found signs of primary dysmenorrhea. To remove the initial symptoms of this disease, I began taking Celecoxib. He is certainly not cheap, however, very effective for this disease. I drank the medicine for two weeks. The pills immediately help and relieve pain. At the end of the course, inflammation and swelling in the damaged area were completed. I am pleased with the effect of the drug, as it did not cause complications and relieved the most unpleasant symptoms.
- Renat, 42 years old. For the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, I was prescribed Celecoxib tablets. I took them twice a day after meals. After taking immediately felt the effect of the drug. I had a lot of pain and swelling. The treatment lasted 3 weeks. After that, I went through a complete diagnosis and visited a doctor. A specialist noted an improvement in my condition. Now you can re-drink the medicine in another six months for prevention. The drug Celecoxib was really able to cope with arthritis.
- Natalia, 54 years old. To relieve severe joint pain, I began taking Celecoxib. I drank 2 tablets a day, drinking plenty of water. After 3 days of admission, I already felt that the pain gradually disappears. It is important that the drug did not cause my adverse reactions during the entire course of therapy. After 10 days of admission, I completely got rid of joint pain, their mobility improved significantly. This was confirmed by my attending physician after a full examination.
Celecoxib analogues are:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store out of reach of children and protected from light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life - 2 years.