Hofitol is a choleretic plant preparation from artichoke field.
The mechanism of its action is due to a set of biologically active substances contained in the leaves of the field artichoke. A bunch of tsinarin + phenolic acids exhibits a choleretic effect and can be used as a hepatoprotector.
Therapy with the use of this medication will not only improve the functioning of the liver, but also cleanse the body of toxins, slags that disrupt its work. In addition to the main component, Hofitol contains a number of trace elements, vitamins (C, B1, B2, carotene), as well as biologically active substances, which allow normalizing metabolic processes in the body.
Hofitol found its wide application not only in the treatment of liver diseases, but also in other pathologies. It is often used in gastroenterology, dermatology, cosmetology.
Phytopreparation with choleretic and diuretic effect, reducing azotemia.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Hofitol cost in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 370 rubles.
Composition and release form
Coated tablets, 200 mg, in a polypropylene tube 60; 180 tablets. Cardboard box contains 1 tube. The shell of the tablets is brown, brown mass is visible on the break, lenticular tablets.
- The composition of one tablet Hofitola includes 200 mg of dried water extract of leaves of Cynara Scolymus (field artichoke)as well as pregelatinized corn starch - 22 mg, talc - 3 mg, magnesium trisilicate - 12 mg, magnesium stearate - 3 mg. The composition of the shell: talc - 16.3 mg, rosin - 1.152 mg, gummillak - 1.152 mg, sucrose - 86.146 mg, gelatin - 0.384 mg, calcium carbonate - 2.2 mg, carnauba wax - 0.082 mg, polysorbate 80 - 0.004 mg, dye dispersed (oxides brown, black and yellow, sucrose), additives E214 and E 218 (ethyl and methyl parahydroxybenzoate).
Artichoke extract, which is the main active substance, has an effect in three ways, like:
- Choleretic agent.
First of all, Hofitol acts on the liver, resulting in an increase in the production of coenzymes, which affect the chemical composition of the blood.
And the resulting improvement in liver function, and the direct effects of the drug have a beneficial effect on the gallbladder, eliminating the outflow of bile, normalizing the activity of the digestive system. Under the influence of artichoke extract increases diuresis, mainly due to the elimination of lymph stagnation. Therefore, electrolyte imbalance, as with conventional diuretics, does not occur. Moreover, many patients report a decrease in blood pressure when taking the drug. This is due to the removal of excess fluid from the bloodstream.
In nephrology, Hofitol is used as a detoxification agent. Against the background of impaired kidney activity, the composition of the blood changes, the level of urea, cholesterol, uric acid, and creatinine increases. This phenomenon is dangerous risk of onset of azotemia - poisoning the body with its own decay products, not removed from the bloodstream by the kidneys. Increased diuresis, coupled with effects on the liver, as the second filtration system of the body, makes it possible to normalize the composition of blood in patients suffering from renal failure, and, as a result, to improve their well-being.
Indications for use
Hofitol is intended for complex therapy in the following conditions:
- intoxication of the body with metal salts, drugs;
- treatment of acne due to impaired digestive function;
- violation of the outflow of bile;
- bile stasis in the gallbladder;
- chronic cholecystitis, not complicated by stones (stones);
- chronic hepatitis;
- chronic renal failure.
The drug can also be administered to patients with nutritional inaccuracies with signs of dyskinesia of the biliary tract.
Do not use Hofitol in such situations:
- exacerbation of chronic liver and urinary tract diseases;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug;
- acute cholecystitis;
- blockage of bile duct lumen with stones;
- age of children under 6 years old (for this dosage form);
- pregnancy and breastfeeding period.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
What is Hofitol for pregnancy? The instructions indicate that the use of Hofitol in pregnant women is allowed by prescription and provided that the expected result of treatment exceeds the likely risks to the fetus or child.
In the first months of pregnancy, the drug with the existing risk factors prescribed to prevent late gestosis, as well as to alleviate the condition of a woman with early toxicosis. There is evidence that the inclusion of Hofitol in the treatment of pre-eclampsia contributes to the improvement of the clinical course of the disease.
In pregnancy, the drug acts as an antioxidant and hepatoprotector. It reduces the oxidative degradation of lipids under the influence of free radicals, improves the metabolism of fats, protects the liver and facilitates its work, stimulates the formation and excretion of bile, has a mild diuretic effect, reduces cholesterol in the blood, improves blood and microcirculation (including the placenta) .
Despite the fact that the drug is not a special gynecological or obstetric means, it is used to improve the condition of liver pathologies, atherosclerosis, and inflammatory diseases of the urinary tract. Against the background of Hofitol, the general well-being of pregnant women of the asthenic type also improves. A woman is much less likely to be disturbed by weakness, dizziness, mood swings, drowsiness, her excitability of the central nervous system decreases.
One of the problems of pregnant women is fluid retention in the tissues. As a result, pregnancy is often complicated by quite serious pathologies. Hofitol also improves the work of small vessels and kidney function, thus preventing the development of edema and dropsy. Nevertheless, it is necessary to take into account that the drug does not possess antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Therefore, if the blood test shows signs of inflammation, Hofitol alone is not enough. Along with it, uroseptic drugs should be allowed for pregnant women.
Reviews Hofitola during pregnancy are more likely to be good. Most women argue that the drug is well helped them with toxicosis, heartburn and edema. However, there are some reviews that state that the result was not noticeable even after the completion of the full course.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, the dosage for taking the medicine depends on the age of the patients.
- Adults appoint 2-3 tab. or 2.5-5 ml of oral solution 3 times / day before meals. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
- Children older than 6 years appoint 1-2 tab. 3 times / day before meals. The oral solution, depending on age, is prescribed in a dose that is from 1/4 to 1/2 of the dose used in adults. The course of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
If necessary, repeat the course of treatment should get medical advice.
As a rule, during treatment with the drug side effects do not occur. However, in extremely rare cases, the occurrence of undesirable reactions even with obvious indications for Hofitol and the absence of contraindications. First of all, such a reaction of the body is caused by prolonged use of the medicine in high doses.
Among the side effects known allergic reactions and diarrhea.
With a significant excess of the recommended dose in the patient, there is an increase in side effects and diarrhea.
Treatment of symptomatic overdose, for the rapid removal of the drug from the body is recommended to give the patient to take activated charcoal tablets or any other enterosorbents.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- The occurrence of abdominal pain and / or diarrhea should serve as a reason to stop treatment and consult a doctor.
- Hofitol should be used with extreme caution in pathologies that could potentially provoke biliary tract obstruction, as well as in severe liver pathologies.
- The presence in the composition of tablets and oral solution of preservatives can cause the development of hypersensitivity reactions (including delayed).
- The oral solution contains ethanol in its composition, therefore during treatment with Hofitol in this dosage form, it is recommended to avoid the use of beverages that contain alcohol.
- The tablets contain sucrose (0.08 grams / tab.), Which should be considered in patients with glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, fructose intolerance or deficiency of sucrase-isomaltase.
- Tablets and injection solution do not slow down the rate of reactions and do not violate the ability to concentrate. Drops for ingestion due to the presence of ethanol in their composition can influence these parameters, which should be remembered when driving and working with mechanisms.
Compatibility with other drugs
Drug interactions drug Hofitol not described.
We offer to read the reviews of people who used Hofitol:
- Lera. Hofitol always buy only in pills (the solution is not for me) and in large packaging, it is cheaper) I use it 3-4 times a year, as they suffer from chronic cholecystitis and with the help of hofitola I have achieved that there are much fewer exacerbations. Now I can't imagine my life without Hofitol, it's good that it is not addictive and safe for the body ... you can use it ...
- Olga The drug was prescribed to the child - revealed the stagnation of bile. Initially, she was frightened of giving hofitol to a child, went around several doctors, consulted and eventually realized that he was being appointed in such a case as ours ... Most importantly, everyone as one asserted that this was age and would pass with time. And on Hofitol, just all the treatment is based - the drug fights stagnation, stimulating its elimination ... Now there is nothing at all on the market except Hofitol, so you need to take this opportunity not to aggravate the situation.
- Sasha. A 4-year-old child started allergic allergies to hofitol - red rashes with white heads on the chest, abdomen and pope, temperature 37 and inguinal lymph nodes swelled. I went through all the infections with the pediatrician (she saw such a rash for the first time), donated blood to everything that was possible - clean. A few days later, eosinophils appeared in the blood. Hofitol canceled + enterlole + suprastin = everything went away.
Instead of Hofitola, you can take the following medications:
- Flamin belongs to the Hofitol substitutes by clinical and pharmacological group. It is a herbal preparation that has a choleretic and antimicrobial effect, suppresses spasms and inflammation. It is produced in tablets and granules, of which make a suspension. In liquid form, the drug can be given to children older than 1 month.
- Artichoke Extract produced by Evalar is a dietary supplement that is available in tablets. It has the same indications for use as the drug Hofitol. It is possible to accept dietary supplements to persons older than 12 years, including during gestation.
- Hepabene is a hepatoprotector of plant origin, which has a choleretic effect. It is produced in capsules, which are used in adult patients with biliary dyskinesia, chronic hepatitis and liver toxins. The drug is allowed to take during pregnancy and lactation.
- Cholemax refers to herbal preparations that have a choleretic effect. It is produced in the form of a syrup, which is allowed for the treatment of patients over 12 years of age, if they have revealed chronic hepatitis and inflammation of the gallbladder.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
It is recommended to keep packaging with tablets out of the reach of children, away from direct sunlight. The optimal storage temperature of the drug is 25 degrees.
The shelf life of the tablets is indicated on the package and is 3 years from the date of manufacture. Do not take pills that have expired.