Triderm - a dermatological agent for outdoor use.
The use of the drug is based only on the treatment of a disease obtained by a secondary infectious method. For prophylactic purposes, the agent is not used due to the intensive effect of the active ingredients contained in the preparation. Effectively used for viral, fungal and bacterial infections, as well as with mixed Genesis.
After applying ointment or cream Triderm on the skin, the active ingredients of the drug are adsorbed into the skin, where they have a therapeutic effect. They are practically not absorbed into the systemic circulation.
Drug with antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory action for external use.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Triderm in pharmacies? The average price is 750 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug Triderm is available in dosage forms for topical external use of ointment and cream. They have a homogeneous character, a viscous consistency (the ointment is more viscous than the cream), white color.
- 1 gram of Triderm ointment contains 10 mg of clotrimazole, 1 mg of gentamicin, 0.5 mg of betamethasone. Additional components: liquid paraffin, soft paraffin.
- The composition of 1 gram of cream Triderm also includes 10 mg of clotrimazole, 1 mg of gentamicin, 0.5 mg of betamethasone. Additional components: propylene glycol, vaseline, liquid paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, benzyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearate, phosphoric acid, sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate, water, phosphoric acid.
Ointment and cream are in tubes in the amount of 15 or 30 g. A cardboard box contains 1 tube with an ointment or cream, as well as instructions for using the preparation.
What is better - cream or ointment?
Conventionally, you can say that the ointment is better to use for more severe and extensive skin lesions, and the cream is suitable for the treatment of mild degrees of dermatitis. In addition, the cream is absorbed into the skin faster, so if necessary, apply the drug under clothing is better to choose this dosage form, rather than ointment. It is also worth preferring ointment cream when treating moist areas of the skin. The advantages of the cream on moist areas before the ointment is that it is quickly absorbed and dries the skin well.
People who suffer from allergies or have sensitive skin can opt for Triderm ointment, since, in addition to the active ingredients, it contains only paraffin and vaseline. The cream, as an auxiliary substance, contains alcohols and other synthetic compounds that can cause an allergic reaction or sensitize the human body.
Multicomponent agent for external use. Combines the antipruritic, anti-inflammatory, antiallergic and anti-exudative effect of betamethasone with the antifungal action of clotrimazole and the antibacterial activity of gentamicin.
The resulting effect from the use of ointment (as well as cream) consists of the properties of its ingredients:
- Betamethasone is a synthetic hormone. It deals with inflammation, allergies and itching.
- Clotrimazole is known for its anti-fungal effects. It destroys fungal membranes, preventing their synthesis. Fungi against which the substance is particularly effective - Candida, Microsporum, Trichophyton.
- Gentamicin belongs to aminoglycoside-type antibiotics. It easily passes through the cell membrane and inhibits protein synthesis (thereby stopping the development of bacteria). The substance has a wide spectrum of action. It destroys staphylococci, streptococci, intestinal and Pseudomonas bacilli, Proteus, aerobacteria, Klebsiella.
Indications for use
What helps? Triderm is used for the treatment of dermatoses, complicated by infections caused by pathogens that are sensitive to its active components, as well as in the presence of such infections. In particular, the drug is prescribed in the following cases:
- simple and allergic dermatitis;
- atopic dermatitis (including diffuse atopic dermatitis);
- simple chronic lichen (limited neurodermatitis);
- dermatomycosis (versicolor versicolor, candidiasis, dermatophytosis), especially when localized in large folds of the skin and groin area.
The following are contraindications to the use of ointment / cream:
- herpes simplex
- open wound,
- cutaneous tuberculosis,
- skin reactions after the vaccine,
- skin symptoms of syphilis,
- The age of children not older than two years
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
The medicine requires caution (you need to consult with your doctor):
- in the first trimester of pregnancy
- with long-term treatment
- on a large area of skin,
- in the destruction of the integrity of the skin,
- in the case of occlusive dressings.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The tool during pregnancy and lactation can be used in limited doses under the constant supervision of a specialist.
The drug is applied in a small layer on a limited affected area. The maximum duration of treatment is 5 days. If the therapeutic effect after 2-3 days from the moment of use of the medicinal product is not traced, the agent is replaced with an analogue that is suitable for medical reasons.
Replacing the funds must produce a specialist who familiarized with the history of the disease of a woman.
Appointment to children
For children, the drug is prescribed only under strict indications and under medical supervision, because systemic side effects associated with the use of local corticosteroids, they may develop more often than in adult patients.
These side effects include: suppression of the function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system; Cushing's syndrome; growth retardation; slowing down weight gain; increased intracranial pressure, manifested by bulging of fontanels, headache, bilateral swelling of the optic nerve head.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Triderm intended for external use.
Triderm should be applied with a thin layer to the entire affected surface of the skin and the surrounding fabric 2 times / day - in the morning and at night. To ensure the effectiveness of treatment, the drug must be used regularly. The duration of therapy depends on the size and location of the lesion, as well as the response of the patient.
If clinical improvement does not occur after 3-4 weeks of treatment, this may serve as a reason to clarify the diagnosis.
The consequences of the inclusion of an antibiotic in an external remedy sometimes manifest as a skin rash or itching. Treatment in this case is not interrupted. After the Clotrimazole component, individual patients may experience reddening of the skin at the site of application, detachment of the upper epidermis, increased hydration, blistering, slight tingling, itching, swelling, irritation, and urticaria.
- General local reactions to the drug are rare: melanin deficiency, itching, redness, exudation, light tingling and burning sensation in the field of Triderma.
- Local reactions to betamethasone contained in Triderme can be the formation of acne, increased hair formation, reduction of melanin contained in epithelial cells, burning sensation, itching, allergic dermatitis, formed during contact with the drug, folliculitis, maceration, striped atrofoderma, secondary infection.
Symptoms of drug overdose Triderm can serve as functional disorders of the adrenal glands, which is associated with prolonged use of local corticosteroids in high dosage. If the situation aggravates, secondary adrenal insufficiency may develop, until hypercorticism appears.
Participation in the overdose of such components of the drug as clotrimazole and gentamicin is not manifested by any symptoms. However, when gentamicin is taken for a long time in an overestimated dosage, there may be an insensitive flora growth.
As a therapeutic measure, symptomatic therapy should be carried out. With the acute symptoms of hypercorticism, which, as a rule, are distinguished by their reversibility, it is required to correct the electrolyte imbalance. It will be necessary to cancel GCS if chronic toxicity is detected.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- The drug Triderm (ointment and cream) is not intended for use in ophthalmology.
- With prolonged use of the drug it is recommended to cancel it gradually.
- Any side effects that occur with the use of systemic corticosteroids, including suppression of the function of the adrenal cortex, can also be observed with local application of corticosteroids, especially in children.
- Prolonged topical administration of antibiotics can sometimes lead to the growth of resistant microflora. In this case, as well as with the development of irritation, sensitization or superinfection during the treatment with Triderm, treatment should be stopped and appropriate therapy should be prescribed. Allergic cross-reactions with aminoglycoside antibiotics have been observed.
- Systemic absorption of GCS or gentamicin when applied topically will be higher if treatment is carried out on large areas of the skin or when using occlusive dressings, especially with prolonged treatment or in violation of the integrity of the skin. Gentamicin should be avoided on open wounds and on damaged skin. Otherwise, there may be side effects characteristic of gentamicin in its systemic use. Appropriate precautions should be taken in such cases, especially when treating children.
Interaction with other drugs
No interaction of the drug Triderm with other drugs is not registered.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the Triderm:
- Sasha. I have been with atapic dermatitis for 23 years, Triderm is great in emergency situations when there is a strong aggravation. Quickly removes allergies from the skin, BUT !!! guys, it is not recommended to use it on a regular basis. Alergikam need to have it in the stash in an emergency. And so diet, pills and more sparing analogues.
- Vadim. A big plus “Triderma”, compared with other similar drugs - a complex effect. You do not need to use antibiotics with it, as with the same “Advantan” or simple “Akriderm”, with which we constantly take either Metrogil or Dalacin or Erythromycin ointment from eczema. But the disadvantage is that you have to pay quite a lot for this complex. It happens, it is cheaper to take several medicines than one tube of “Triderma”.
- Tatyana. Not long ago, an incomprehensible spot appeared on the temporal region of the face, something like a versicolor. He was with the doctor, and after taking the tests, he attributed “Triderm”. The medicine helped quickly, a week later the speck was gone. I liked the drug. My sister also had a similar case six months later, so she, without hesitation, used the “Triderm”, and everything disappeared. It is suitable for many fungi.
The main disadvantage of the drug is the risk of serious side effects, which requires special caution when applying ointment / cream, especially for treating children.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Akriderm GK;
- Canison Plus.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of the ointment and cream Triderm is 3 years. The drug should be stored in the original factory packaging, dark, dry, out of reach of children at air temperature from +2 to + 30 ° C.