Trimedat is a medicament of Russian production - the company Valena Pharma.
The drug contains an active ingredient called trimebutine maleate, which regulates intestinal peristalsis. The drug is intended to restore the digestive tract, facilitating the process of bowel emptying. It has a strong antispasmodic effect.
The effectiveness of trimedat has been proven in a number of randomized studies. For example, in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, it was about 83%, which allows us to consider this drug as a universal regulator of the motor function of the gastrointestinal tract.
Means regulating gastrointestinal peristalsis. It is believed that the effect of trimebutin is due to the effect on the opioid receptors of the gastrointestinal tract.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Trimedat in pharmacies? The average price is at 240 rubles.
Composition and release form
Manufacturers produce the drug in the form of tablets containing 100 or 200 mg of the active substance trimebutin. In the secondary packaging (carton box) are contour cells and annotation. Tablets are equipped with risks for convenient dosing. The ingredients in the dosage form include:
- colloidal silicon dioxide;
- corn starch;
- milk sugar;
- magnesium stearate;
With the help of auxiliary components, a tablet is formed and the necessary absorption of the active substance by the gastric walls is ensured.
Trimedat regulates the motor function of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as its visceral sensitivity by relaxing and reducing intestinal smooth muscle. The drug helps faster and easier to empty the intestines by reducing the pressure of the esophageal sphincter. It helps to restore the physiological activity of the muscles of the intestine.
The use of Trimedat ensures timely response of the smooth muscles of the large intestine to food that is difficult to digest. Rapid and productive absorption of the drug allows it to very effectively affect the entire length of the gastrointestinal tract.
The maximum concentration is reached 2 hours after the use of the drug. Trimedat is metabolized in the liver, and excreted in the urine in the form of unchanged metabolites.
Indications for use
What helps? Trimedat is used in the following situations:
- Dyspeptic disorders and their manifestations in the form of nausea and vomiting.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Comprehensive preparation for endoscopic or X-ray examination of the stomach and intestines.
- A variety of gastroduodenal disorders: pain in the stomach and intestines, digestive disorders, feeling of fullness in the stomach.
- Irritable bowel syndrome, manifested by abdominal pain, bowel cramps, impaired stool, constipation and diarrhea.
- Dyspeptic diseases and disorders in children are caused by impaired normal motility of the stomach and intestines.
The only absolute medical contraindications for taking Trimedat tablets are the individual intolerance to the active or auxiliary substances of the drug, as well as the patient's age is less than 3 years. Before starting to use the drug should be excluded the presence of medical contraindications.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
In the course of experimental studies on animals, Trimedat did not reveal any negative effects on the fetus and during pregnancy. However, similar tests for understandable ethical reasons were not conducted in pregnant women, so there is no accurate data on the safety of the drug. That is why it is not recommended to take Trimedat during the first trimester of pregnancy (from the beginning to the end of the 13th week). And in the II and III trimesters, Trimedat can be taken only if the potential benefits outweigh all possible risks.
Since it is not known whether Trimedat penetrates human milk, it is recommended to refuse to use the drug throughout the entire period of breastfeeding. If it is necessary to take Trimedat for health reasons, then the child should be weaned and transferred to artificial compounds.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use tablets Trimedat should be swallowed whole and drink plenty of water. Adults and children over twelve years old Trimedat is administered orally at 100-200 mg three times a day. In order to prevent the recurrence of irritable bowel syndrome after a course of therapy, during remission, the medication should be continued at a therapeutic dose of 300 mg per day for twelve weeks.
Children at the age of five to twelve should be prescribed 50 mg of the drug three times a day, children aged three to five years should be given 25 mg of the drug three times a day.
According to the instructions, the use of Trimedat in the form of a suspension is assigned according to the following scheme:
- children under six months - half a teaspoon two or three times a day;
- children from six months to a year - one teaspoon twice a day;
- from one to five years - one teaspoon three times a day;
- children over five years old - two teaspoons three times a day;
- adults - two tablespoons three times a day.
Trimedat can cause the following side effects in children and adults:
- Skin rash;
- Dry mouth;
- Unpleasant taste in the mouth;
- Urinary retention;
- Disruption of the menstrual cycle;
- Painful increase in the volume of the mammary glands.
To date, in clinical practice, cases of overdose with Trimedat tablets have not been registered.
Do not exceed the dose of the drug. To get rid of certain pathological conditions, a sufficiently long course of treatment is required, which includes supportive therapy. Trimedat is a non-prescription drug, so it can be the drug that will be in the home first-aid kit and used by all family members.
Trimedat does not weaken the work of the central nervous system, therefore, does not exclude the possibility of driving a vehicle and other mechanisms.
Interaction with other drugs
The use of zotepin can lead to a prolongation of the anticholinergic effect. An increase in the duration of action of d-tubocurarine was recorded.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Trimedat:
- Svetlana Good pills. Their friend advised me. I began to complain about the severity, pain in the abdomen after eating. So now if such discomfort appears, then immediately I begin to accept the Trimedat. TTT bloating and pain disappear, even belching, if there is one, it stops.
- Alexey. I suffer from chronic gastritis for ten years. Most of the drugs and methods of treatment not only did not eliminate the problem, but did not even always eliminate the pain in the stomach. Taking Trimedat, I almost forget about the pain. It is a pity that it can be used only with long breaks.
- Anna. The doctor prescribed me these tablets after gastrosopy and ultrasound of the gastrointestinal tract. I complained of nausea after eating, stomach heaviness and discomfort. I took them a little more than two weeks half an hour before meals 3 times a day. They helped me - the nausea began to disappear and my health improved.
Reviews of doctors about Trimedat are overwhelmingly positive, due to several factors. The fact is that doctors make up their opinion about the drug, based on the following characteristics:
- What percentage of patients and with what severity of the disease does a good therapeutic effect get from the drug;
- What percentage of patients is well suited to the drug, that is, does not cause pronounced and painful side effects;
- What percentage of patients can afford the use of the drug for financial opportunities.
Doctors consider the drug good and, accordingly, speak positively of it, if it is sufficiently universal. Universal is considered a drug that is well tolerated and gives a good therapeutic effect in most patients, including with severe disease, and not too expensive, so that almost everyone can afford its use. For all these parameters, Trimedat fits into a universal drug, and, therefore, is good in the opinion of doctors. That is why most of the reviews about him by the doctors are positive.
Synonymous with Trimedat are drugs, also containing as an active substance trimebutin. The following pharmaceutical products are used in the domestic pharmaceutical market as Trimedat:
- Debridat solution (available in some countries of the CIS and Europe);
- Neobutin tablets;
- Tribut tablets (available in Ukraine);
- Trimspa 200 tablets (available only in Ukraine and Kazakhstan).
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The drug should be stored out of the reach of children. Storage temperature - not higher than 25 C.