Strepsils - a drug for local use in the form of lozenges and spray.
It helps with diseases of the throat, relieves pain when swallowing. It is used in dental practice and to prevent inflammatory processes and infection after operations in the oral cavity.
The active components of Strepsils have a pronounced antiseptic effect. They lead to the suppression of growth, reproduction, as well as the death of various pathogenic (pathogenic) microorganisms, including gram-positive, gram-negative bacteria, fungi.
Strepsils in the form of candy is very popular, because, in addition to its effectiveness, is represented by a large variety of flavors and colors.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Strepsils in pharmacies? The average price is at 165 rubles.
Composition and release form
- The Strepsils honey-lemon flavor contains 0.6 mg of amylmetacresol and 1.2 mg of dichlorobenzyl alcohol for resorption. Additional substances: honey, peppermint oil, tartaric acid, lemon oil, yellow quinoline dye, hardener from liquid sugar and glucose before making a tablet weighing 2.6 grams.
- The composition of 1 tablet for resorption Strepsils includes 0.6 mg of amylmetacresol and 1.2 mg of dichlorobenzyl alcohol. Additional substances: levomenthol, peppermint oil, tartaric acid, anise oil, karmazin edikol, ponso edikol, hardener from liquid sugar and glucose before making a tablet weighing 2.6 grams.
- 1 lozenge for sucking Strepsils with a taste of eucalyptus and menthol contains 2 mg of dichlorobenzyl alcohol, 8 mg of levomenthol and 0.6 mg of amylmetacresol. Additional substances: indigo carmine, eucalyptus oil, tartaric acid, hardener from liquid sugar and glucose before making a tablet weighing 2.6 grams.
- The composition of 1 tablet for resorption Strepsils lemon taste includes 0.6 mg of amylmetacresol and 1.2 mg of dichlorobenzyl alcohol. Additional substances: yellow quinoline dye, tartaric acid, lemon flavor, sodium saccharinate, isomaltose, maltitol syrup.
- 1 lozenge for sucking Strepsils with Vitamin C contains 1.2 mg of dichlorobenzyl alcohol, 100 mg of vitamin C and 0.6 mg of amylmetacresol. Additional substances: sunset-yellow dye, levomenthol, propylene glycol, red-orange flavoring, ponso edicol, tartaric acid, hardener from liquid sugar and glucose before making a tablet weighing 2.6 grams.
Although these are the same lozenges for sucking, but it stands apart from the above preparations. And its main difference is the main substance. Intensive it is only one, it flurbiprofen, which belongs to the group of NSAIDs, that is, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. The advantage of flurbiprofen lies in the ability to quickly and perceptibly anesthetize the affected areas and in marked anti-inflammatory effects. But the list of indications for the drug is different.
It is used:
- in diseases of the throat of infectious origin, for example, laryngitis and tonsillitis;
- when smoking;
- with a strong tension of the vocal cords, possibly caused by professional activities;
- when substances enter the nasopharynx that cause dryness and irritation.
Adverse drug reactions are:
- distortion of taste perception, ulceration of the oral mucosa;
- nausea, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhea, gastropathy;
- abdominal pain, bleeding, increased pressure;
- tachycardia, heart failure, anemia;
- headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, or insomnia;
- asthenia, depression, tremor;
- amnesia, agitation, disturbance of consciousness;
- nephritis, swelling, rash, urticaria.
Strepsils Intensive contains only one main substance, it is flurbiprofen. Its advantage lies in the ability to quickly and perceptibly anesthetize the affected areas and in marked anti-inflammatory effects.
The action of the active substances of the drug Strepsils, aimed at the destruction of the cell membrane of bacteria, as well as dehydration of the cell of microorganisms, due to this activity and provides a bactericidal and bacteriostatic effect.
Strepsils are sensitive to the action of the drug: Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus epidermidis, Staphylococcus pyogenes, Staphylococcus salivarius, Staphylococcus aureus,, Klebsiella aerogenes, Proteus spp., Diplococcus pneumoniae Aerobacter spp and the like. aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms. The drug has a fungicidal action against Candida fungi, it is an important factor in the treatment of inflammatory diseases of the throat and pharynx, aggravated by fungal infections.
The lineup contains five variants of Strepsils tablets, in each of them antibacterial and fungicidal action of active substances: amylmethacreazole and 2,4-dichlorobenzyl alcohol, supplemented by such components as: vitamin C, menthol, eucalyptus, honey, lemon, which provides a more effective therapeutic effect .
Strepsils Original - this is a classic version of Strepsils, in its composition, in addition to antibacterial and fungicidal components, there are essential oils of peppermint and anise. The essential oils included in the preparation have a softening effect on the mucous membrane of the throat and pharynx due to the enhanced process of secretion of the salivary glands. With an increase in the amount of saliva secreted, the antibacterial effect increases, since the natural enzyme lysozyme, which has an antibacterial effect, is contained in the saliva. Also, essential oils, getting on a mucous membrane, cause a hyperemia that promotes microcirculation in the place of use. The pharmacokinetics of the drug Strepsils is not fully understood.
Indications for use
According to the instructions for use, Strepsils lollipops are indicated for infectious and inflammatory diseases to relieve pain when swallowing or speaking. They relieve swelling and hyperemia of the oral mucosa, kill pathogenic viruses, bacteria and fungi.
You can use lozenges and spray for sore throat, pharyngitis, laryngitis and acute respiratory diseases.
- children up to 5 years; pills with a warming effect up to 6 years;
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, fructose intolerance, deficiency of sucrase or isomaltase (except sugar-free lemon-flavored tablets).
Caution should be taken Strepsils during pregnancy and during breastfeeding.
Honey-lemon filler tablets are recommended to be used with caution in patients with diabetes mellitus.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Due to the minimal extraction of drug components into the blood, Reckitt Benckiser did not conduct a study on the pharmacokinetics of the drug. For the same reason, the effect of pregnancy Strepsils products has also not been studied. The exception is Strepsils intensive, the active substance of which is clearly contraindicated in pregnancy.
All other candies are conditionally allowed for use during pregnancy. However, before you begin treatment, it is still better to notify the obstetrician. It is up to him to decide: is the medication safe at the moment?
The use of Strepsils in breastfeeding has also not been clinically studied. It is worth considering that the likelihood of the active ingredients of the drug in breast milk is extremely small. Therefore, as a rule, all forms of the drug, except for Strepsils intensive, are also used to treat nursing women.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, tablets are intended for topical use by placing in the mouth and slow absorption.
- Recommended dosage: 1 pc. with an interval of 2-3 hours, but not more than 8 pcs. in 24 hours. Course duration - 3 days.
In the absence of a clinical effect (preservation of symptoms), after three days of drug treatment, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
In general, this drug is well tolerated. Sometimes, after resorption of the pill, allergic reactions may develop, which are characterized by the appearance of a rash on the skin, its itching, and urticaria (changes on the skin that look like nettle burns).
If an allergic reaction occurs, the use of this drug should be discontinued and consult a medical specialist who will determine the possibility of further use of the drug.
In the case of an overdose of the drug Strepsil, most often there is discomfort in patients with gastrointestinal tract.
Treatment in case of overdose is indicated symptomatic (gastric lavage).
Specific antidote to the drug does not exist.
It is recommended to take the drug in the shortest possible course and in the minimum effective dose necessary to eliminate the symptoms.
Do not use the drug in the presence of increased individual sensitivity to any component that is part of the drug. Patients with diabetes should take into account that each tablet contains about 2.6 g of sugar (0.22 XE).
Interaction with other drugs
No data on the existence of clinically significant interactions with other drugs.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Strepsils:
- Tamara. Strepsils are effective pills, I start using them when I first get sick, the pain is quickly relieved, and the tickling disappears almost immediately. A child with a sore throat, too, I give Strepsils for children from 5 years old, he loves them, they help him, and the taste is pleasant.
- Dmitriy. When I had a sore throat, in addition to rinsing and taking antibiotics, I bought Strepsils tablets. It is a good antiseptic that quickly clears a sore throat and normalizes the condition. The medicine is inexpensive, has pleasant tastes - I prefer honey and lemon. It is a pity that it can not be used for a long time, but in a couple of days the tool has time to act.
- Helena. I got used to these pastilles. The second year with them in bad weather and off season. The main thing for me is that as soon as the first symptoms of a sore throat appear, do not start the disease.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Coldact Lorpils;
- Rinza Lorsept;
- Suprama ENT;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Shelf life for resorption tablets Strepsils is 2 years from the date of their release. The drug should be stored in the original original packaging, dark, dry, out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than +25 C °.