Rumicoz - a drug that exhibits the widest range of antifungal effects.
It is used for the etiotropic treatment of various infectious diseases caused by the parasitization of pathogenic (pathogenic) and conditionally pathogenic fungi.
After taking Rumikoz inside the capsule, itraconazole is fairly quickly and almost completely absorbed into the systemic circulation, where it reaches its maximum concentration in 3-4 hours.
Antifungal agent, a triazole derivative.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Rumicosis in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 476 rubles.
Composition and release form
Rumicosc is produced in the form of capsules - size No. 0, white body and pink-brown lid (5 pieces in blisters, 3 packs in a carton box; 6 pieces in blister packs, 1 pack in a carton pack) .
The composition of 1 capsule includes:
- Active ingredient: Itraconazole - 100 mg;
- Auxiliary components: sucrose, poloxamer (lutrol), hypromellose, wheat starch;
- The composition of hard gelatin capsules: red iron oxide, gelatin, quinoline yellow, sunset yellow, titanium dioxide, black iron oxide, azorubine.
Rumicoz - a triazole derivative is a synthetic antifungal drug with a broad spectrum of action. The main mechanism of action of the active substance of the drug is the inhibition of the synthesis of ergosterol, which is one of the important components of the cell membrane of fungi.
Itraconazole is active against dermatophytes (Epidermophyton floccosum, Microsporum spp., Trichophyton spp.); yeast and yeast-like fungi (Pityrosporum spp., Cryptococcus neoformans, Trichosporon spp., Candida spp., Geotrichum); Aspergillus spp., Paracoccidioides brasiliensis, Histoplasma spp., Sporothrix schenckii, Cladosporium spp., Fonsecaea spp., Blastomyces dermatitidis, Penicillium marneffei, Pseudallescheria boydii, as well as other inorganic spp., Blastomyces dermatitidis, Penicillium marneffei, Pseudallescheria boydii, also apply to other idle patterns, as well as to apply to the frivolous pathogenic spine.
Itraconazole, when administered orally (internally), is well absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, reaching peak plasma levels for 3–4 hours after administration.
Indications for use
The drug Rumikoz, according to the instructions for use, is effective against all infections caused by dermatophytes, yeast and mold fungi, in the treatment of thrush, fungal diseases of the nails and skin, mucous membranes.
The purpose of this drug is possible with one of the following diagnoses:
- cryptococcal meningitis;
- fungal keratitis;
- systemic mycosis;
- systemic candidiasis;
- vulvovaginal candidiasis;
- visceral candidiasis;
- scaly and multi-colored lichen.
Hypersensitivity to Itraconazole or to other components of the drug.
Combined reception of Rumikoza and the following groups of medicines:
- Astemizol, Terfenadine, Mizolastine, Dofetilide, cisapride, Quinidine, Levometadone, Pimozide, Sertindol and other drugs that increase the QT interval and are metabolized by the CYP3A4 enzyme;
- Lovastatin, Simvastatin and other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors, which are cleaved by the CYP3A4 enzyme;
- Triazolam and midazolam for internal administration (tablets);
- Ergometrine, Dihydroergotamine, Methylergometrine, Ergotamine and other ergot alkaloids.
- liver disease;
- severe heart failure.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Rumikoz is contraindicated in pregnancy and breastfeeding. In case of emergency, the appointment of a nursing mother, you need to decide on the timing of the termination of breastfeeding. You should also use contraceptives and do not plan for conception during the period of treatment with Rumicoz.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Rumikoz should be taken orally after meals.
Recommended dosing regimens for fungal diseases:
- oral candidiasis: 1 caps. 1 time / day for 15 days;
- vulvovaginal candidiasis: 2 caps. 2 times / day for 1 day or 2 caps. 1 time / day course 3 days;
- pityriasis versicolor: 2 capsules 1 time / day for 7 days;
- fungal keratitis: 2 caps. 1 time / day for 21 days;
- dermatomycosis smooth skin: 2 caps. 1 time / day 7-day course or 1 caps. 1 time / day for 15 days;
- lesions of highly keratinized areas of the skin (hands and / or feet): 2 caps each. 2 times / day for 7 days or 1 caps. 1 time / day for 30 days.
Depending on the dynamics of the clinical picture of the disease, the doctor may adjust the duration of treatment.
Due to the fact that in immunity disorders (for example, in patients undergoing organ transplantation, in neutropenia or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome), the oral bioavailability of itraconazole may decrease, these categories of patients may require an increase in the daily dose of 2 times.
Recommended dosing regimens for rumicosis in systemic mycoses:
- candidiasis: 1-2 caps. 1 time / day course, depending on the course of the disease, from 3 weeks to 7 months. If the disease is invasive or disseminated form, increase the dose to 2 caps. 2 times / day;
- aspergillosis: 2 caps. 1 time / day for 2-5 months. If the disease is invasive or disseminated form, increase the dose to 2 caps. 2 times / day;
- sporotrichosis: 1 caps. 1 time / day in a 3-month course;
- histoplasmosis: 2 caps. 1-2 times / day for, as a rule, 8 months;
- chromomycosis: 1-2 caps. 1 time / day for 6 months;
- blastomycosis: depending on the severity of the course of the disease, the dose may vary from 1 caps. 1 time / day to 2 caps. 2 times / day, the duration of treatment is 6 months;
- paracoccidioidomycosis: 1 caps. 1 time / day 6-month course;
- cryptococcosis (excluding meningitis): 2 caps each. 1 time / day, the duration of therapy depending on the severity of the disease can vary from 2 months to 1 year;
- cryptococcal meningitis: 2 caps. 2 times / day for 2-12 months (as maintenance therapy).
Depending on the type of infection and features of the course of the disease, the doctor may adjust the dose.
In onychomycosis, one of two treatment regimens is used:
- pulse therapy: 2 caps. 2 times / day for 7 days, just spend 2 (with the defeat of the nail plates of the hands) or 3 (with the defeat of the nail plates of the feet) such a course with intervals of 3 weeks between courses
- continuous therapy (with the defeat of the nail plate of the feet without a lesion or with the defeat of the nail plate of the hands): 2 caps. 1 time per day 3-month course.
Since itraconazole is withdrawn more slowly from skin and nail plates than from blood plasma, optimal mycological and clinical effects are achieved 2-4 weeks after the end of the treatment of skin lesions and 6-9 months after the end of treatment of nail diseases.
Using Rumicose may cause the following side effects:
- Central nervous system: peripheral neuropathy, dizziness, headache.
- Skin: photosensitivity, alopecia.
- Allergic manifestations: urticaria, skin rashes and itching, angioedema. In rare cases, exudative erythema multiforme occurred.
- Gastrointestinal: deterioration or loss of appetite, dyspepsia, nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain.
- Hepatobiliary system: hepatitis, increased activity of hepatic transaminases (reversible); very rarely, severe toxic liver damage (including acute liver failure with a fatal outcome).
- Others: hypokalemia, menstrual disorders, congestive heart failure, edema syndrome, pulmonary edema, dark-colored urine staining, hypercreatininemia.
Data on overdose with Rumicosis capsules are not available today. In the case of a significant excess of the recommended therapeutic dose of the drug may cause or increase the symptoms of side effects. Overdose treatment can only be symptomatic, since there is no specific antidote.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- Currently there is insufficient data on the use of itraconazole in children.
- If itraconazole is used for more than 1 month, monitoring of liver function is necessary.
- With the development of the treatment of symptoms of heart failure, abnormal liver function, peripheral neuropathy, itraconazole should be canceled.
- It should not be used in patients with ventricular dysfunction symptoms and a history of congestive heart failure.
- Itraconazole should not be used in patients with liver disease. However, in cases of extreme necessity in case of liver cirrhosis and / or impaired renal function, itraconazole treatment is carried out under the control of its plasma level and with the appropriate dose adjustment.
- With an increase in liver transaminase activity, itraconazole is used in cases where the expected benefit of therapy exceeds the possible risk of liver damage.
- Itraconazole is used with caution in case of hypersensitivity to other azole derivatives.
Interaction with other drugs
The agents causing induction of liver enzymes (rifampicin, phenytoin) can decrease plasma concentration of itraconazole.
With simultaneous use with drugs that reduce the acidity of gastric juice (including m-anticholinergics, antacid agents, histamine H2 receptor blockers), it is possible to decrease the absorption of itraconazole.
With simultaneous use with drugs whose metabolism is carried out with the participation of CYP3A isoenzymes, an increase in the intensity and / or duration of their effects is possible. These drugs include terfenadine, astemizole, cisapride, midazolam, triazolam (for oral administration), indirect anticoagulants, cyclosporine, digoxin, calcium channel blockers, quinidine, vincristine.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Rumikoz:
- Anna. Rumikoz helps me very well with thrush. I tried on a good review of a friend. I feel the positive effect on the second day of treatment, the course is strengthened, but short. I have problems with the thyroid gland, but in the instructions for use they are not on the list of contraindications, so I calmly accept, there are no problems.
- Eugenia. Infected with deprived. The dermatologist prescribed Rumikoz, doses of drums - 4 drops per day for 10 days. I had a bad headache and nausea, so the doses were lowered, the duration of the course increased. On the whole, I am satisfied; after six weeks the skin has become without any traces of the illness. I had to spend money, the tool is not cheap, but the result was worth it.
A wide range of antifungal drugs are presented on the pharmaceutical market, similar to Rumicoz by the mechanism of action and indications for use. According to specialists, the closest analogue is the domestic drug Intraconazole in capsules, produced on the basis of the same active active ingredient.
In case of intolerance or other indications to cancel Rumikoza, it can be replaced with one of the following analogues:
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The shelf life of the capsules is 3 years from the date of their manufacture. It is important to store the drug in the original original packaging, in a dark, dry, out of the reach of children place at an air temperature not higher than + 25 ° C.