Rotokan is a plant-based drug intended for external and oral use.
Used in ENT, gastroenterological and dental practice. The tool has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic effect. Like any herbal medicine, Rotocan is low toxic, which allows its use in the treatment of children.
Correctly calculated proportion of medical components (one part of the yarrow and calendula to two parts of chamomile) makes the effect of using the tool noticeable after several uses.
The drug from plant materials, has an antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and hemostatic effect. Regenerates the damaged mucous membrane.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does rotokan in pharmacies? The average price is at 25 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug Rotokan is produced in the form of a liquid, which has a dark brown shade and a specific smell.
- The composition includes hydro-alcoholic extract from plant materials: calendula flowers, chamomile, and yarrow herbs in proportions of 2: 1: 1. The liquid is placed in a dark vial.
The drug is available in 25 ml, 50 ml, and 100 ml.
Each of the ingredients "Rotokana" is a natural drug:
- chamomile stops the inflammatory process and reduces pain due to the content of essential oil and organic acids in its flowers
- calendula perfectly heals injuries, relieves inflammation, soothes and tones
- yarrow improves blood circulation in the tissues, promotes healing of wounds and counteracts inflammation. It is used with caution because of the content of poison, so the concentration of yarrow in the preparation is small
The drug has the following types of actions:
- pain reliever
- regenerative (regenerating mucous membranes)
Indications for use
Medicinal solution Rotokan can be used to treat various inflammations that occur with localization in the oral cavity. The tool is often used for the rehabilitation of the hollow organs of the digestive system.
Among the list of indications for use of the medicinal composition are the following:
- enteritis - inflammation of the small intestine;
- colitis - inflammation of the colon;
- inflammatory processes occurring in the mucous membranes of the oral cavity (stomatitis);
- aphthous stomatitis - painful ulcers form on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity;
- gingivostomatitis - pathology affects not only the mucous membranes of the oral cavity, it can provoke damage to the gum tissue;
- periodontitis - manifests a violation of the integrity of the tissues covering the root of the tooth and its neck;
- gastroduodenitis - an inflammatory process that occurs in the mucous membrane of the duodenum and stomach.
The drug can be used as a component of monotherapy or as an adjunct in complex therapy.
The only contraindication to the external and local use of herbal medicine is an allergy to any of its components. When taken orally Rotocan is forbidden to use under the following conditions:
- individual intolerance to the components;
- severe violations of the liver and kidneys;
- age up to 18 years;
- chronic alcoholism;
- brain damage or traumatic brain injury.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The use of rotokan on any period of pregnancy is absolutely contraindicated.
The use of rotokan during lactation is possible only in case of refusal to breastfeed throughout the treatment.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Rotokan used in the form of an aqueous solution. It is prepared immediately before use at the rate of 1 teaspoon of extract per 1 cup of boiled warm water. If Rotocan is well tolerated, the dose can be increased to 3 teaspoons per 1 cup of water.
- In dental practice for inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa, an aqueous solution of the drug is used 2-3 times a day by rinsing for 1-2 minutes or applications lasting 15-20 minutes. The duration of treatment is from 2 to 5 days.
- In case of periodontitis after the procedure of removing tartar and cleansing the pathological gum pockets, thin turunds are introduced in them, which are abundantly moistened with Rotocan solution. This procedure is carried out daily or every other day for 20 minutes (4-6 applications are required in total).
- In gastroenterological practice, the drug is used inside, as well as in microclysters. Inside Rotokan take half an hour before a meal or 40-60 minutes after a meal. A single dose is 60-100 ml of diluted solution (1 / 3-1 / 2 cup). Frequency of use - 3-4 times a day. The duration of therapy is 2-3 weeks.
For microclysters, 50-100 ml of Rotokan solution is required. The procedure is carried out 1-2 times a day, making a pre-cleansing enema. The duration of treatment is 3-6 days.
How to breed Rotokan mouthwash
The concentration must be changed, taking into account the age of the patient, the disease and the localization of inflammation. For diseases of the throat (ARVI, tonsillitis, sore throat, pharyngitis, laryngitis and others) make the solution:
- Poorly concentrated solution for children is 1 tsp. in a glass of water.
- For adults, the dose is increased to three teaspoons with normal tolerance to the components of the drug.
Since this is an alcoholic infusion, children make a weak rinse solution, and use half of the prepared medicine. Means even in weak concentration has an unpleasant taste for the child. When treating children, one should observe what the reaction to the extract will be. If side effects are identified, it means that the baby has a hypersensitivity to the components and it is worthwhile to stop using the drug.
The use of the drug Rotokan can cause side effects in the form of allergic reactions due to individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
When using a concentrated solution of Rotokan alcohol tincture, it is possible that the mucous membrane burns in the area of its application.
In this case, the use of the drug should be stopped, and the affected tissue should be washed with a large volume of running water. In the future, the need for anti-inflammatory therapy is determined by the doctor. Systemic adverse effects of the drug have not been described.
The drug itself contains ethyl alcohol, so the use of Rotokan limits the ability to manage transport and work related to the need for increased attention.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Rotokan:
- Anna. I have chronic tonsillitis and “Rotokan” I always have at home. His price is more than affordable - up to 20 rubles, enough for eight rinses. The composition is completely natural. It should be stored in the refrigerator, so I dilute it before rinsing in warm water, after rinsing for half an hour, do not eat or drink anything.
- Irina. If you choose between chemical and natural medicines, it is better to give preference to the medicine from nature. These include “Rotokan”. This is a tincture of herbs on alcohol. Mom had severe stomatitis, ulcers all over her mouth. No drugs really did not help, while the pharmacy did not recommend “Rotokan”. After 3 rinses, a noticeable relief came, after a week there was not a trace of the sores. Since then, he has always been in our family medicine chest just in case, a good and inexpensive medicine.
- Marina. I learned about Rotocan even when I was carrying a child. I started having tonsillitis and the doctor prescribed this medicine. I did not expect such an effect from him, but the inflammation disappeared very quickly. Now my child is already breastfeeding, and Rotokan is always in the first-aid kit. With colds and stomatitis, our family uses it very often, and its cost is low.
Rotokan has several structural analogues, which contain the same plant extracts. These are drugs such as Diarotokan, Rotokan Vilar and Zhekaton.
Analogues of drugs, that is, therapeutic drugs, similar to the Rokotan herbal remedies, according to the indications for use and effects, are:
- Bimmunal and others.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
The drug should be kept away from children and pets.
The drug must be stored at a temperature that will not exceed 15 ° C. Avoid contact with direct sunlight and water.
Under all conditions, the drug can be stored for 2 years. After the time the drug is strictly contraindicated. The drug should be disposed of.