Raunatin is a pressure reducing drug made from the roots of the plant auvolfia growing in India.
Extraction is carried out by an aqueous solution of acetic acid. Next, the resulting extract is filtered, alkalinized, and subjected to evaporation and drying.
This drug consists of active substances, the combination of which has a positive effect on the central nervous system, lowers blood pressure and helps reduce the effect of arrhythmias. Raunatin has several active active ingredients: aymalin, reserpine and alkaloids from the rhizome of snake rauwolfia.
In total, the composition of the drug contains at least ninety percent of alkaloids.
Rauwolfia alkaloids have a hypotensive and antiarrhythmic effect.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much is raunatin in pharmacies? The average price is at 120 rubles.
Composition and release form
The drug is produced in the form of green biconvex tablets. 10 cartons are usually in one carton. blister cell blisters, each with 5 or 10 tablets. In addition, the drug can be packaged in polystyrene cans.
The main active ingredient of the drug is rauwolfia alkaloid, its content in one tablet is 2 mg. It also contains auxiliary components, which include:
- Stearic acid.
- Titanium dioxide.
- Corn and potato starch.
- Calcium stearate.
- Vaseline oil.
- Magnesium carbonate.
As a rule, 50 or 100 tablets can be contained in a single pack or can of Raunatin.
Alkaloids of the medicinal plant rauwolfia, which are part of the Raunatin tablets (reserpine, aymalin, serpentine) have a sedative (sedative) effect on the structures of the central nervous system, and also helps to reduce the level of systemic arterial pressure. Due to the composition of alkaloids, the drug normalizes the rhythm and frequency of heart contractions.
The strength of the therapeutic effect in relation to blood pressure and arrhythmias, rauwolfia alkaloids are not inferior to reserpine, but the effect does not develop immediately, but more gradually.
Indications for use
What does raunatin help? List of indications:
- Hypertension stage I-II (high blood pressure);
- Some types of symptomatic hypertension;
- Heart failure, manifested by tachycardia (in combination with cardiac glycosides);
- Thyrotoxicosis, manifested by hypertension and tachycardia (in combination with thyreostatics).
The active ingredients in the composition of Raunatin help reduce blood pressure and treat arrhythmias, and their effect has a beneficial effect on the nervous system. In addition, the drug enhances glomerular filtration in the kidneys.
It is not recommended to use the drug for:
- aortic malformations;
- pregnancy (third trimester);
- organic myocardial damage;
- age of the patient up to 18 years;
- insufficiency of the coronary circulation;
- gastric and duodenal ulcer;
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated during pregnancy in the third trimester.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use should take Raunatin after meals.
- On the first day of treatment, the dose is 1 tablet, you need to drink it before bedtime.
- On the second day - 1 tablet of Raunatin twice a day, the third day - 1 tablet three times a day, then the total daily dose is adjusted to 5-6 tablets.
- The use of Raunatin should be continued for 3-4 weeks.
In some cases, Raunatin is not recommended to give up for a long time (1 tablet per day).
In accordance with the instructions for use, Raunatin pressure pills have the following side effects:
- Nasal congestion;
- Weakness, fatigue;
- Pain in the heart;
- Disorders of the heart;
- Decreased potency;
- Disruption of the liver;
- Increasing the number of strokes.
You can reduce the intensity of the side effect by minimizing the dose or stopping Raunatin for a couple of days. The regimen is prescribed by the doctor, based on the patient’s diseases and pressure indicators.
An overdose of Raunatin is fraught with loss of consciousness and coma. To improve the condition in case of overdose, if the patient is conscious, you can drink plenty of water and gastric lavage, taking activated charcoal. Used with overdose and forced diuresis (increase the intensity of the kidneys, so that toxins are more likely to leave the body with urine).
If the patient is unconscious, glucose (5% solution), diuretics, and sodium chloride are injected into the vein. It is necessary to pour into the body at least 3-5 liters to remove toxins from the body.
Raunatin treatment should be under the supervision of a physician.
Before surgery, the drug should not be taken for several days.
It is impossible to combine treatment with Raunatin with sessions of electropulse therapy. The drug should be stopped during pregnancy and during the feeding period, since the active ingredients can penetrate the placental barrier and into breast milk.
The active ingredients of the drug may affect the concentration of attention, especially in the first days of use, so it is not recommended to use this drug while working with complex and dangerous mechanisms.
Interaction with other drugs
With caution prescribed together with quinidine, guanethidine, cardiac glycosides, beta-blockers (the risk of increased severity of negative chrono-and dromotropic action).
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Raunatin:
- Karina. The medicine needs to be taken on a special system, as the doctor attributed to me. Start with one pill a day, go up to three. So a few days, and then two and one. It all depends on the course of treatment. Not to say that the effect of the pills was amazing. Pressure decreases, but does not normalize for a long time.
- Vitali. Effective means, but cumulative action! Pressure decreases after a long time and not for long! It is necessary to take Raunatin only on prescription of a doctor according to a special schedule strictly following the recommendations, otherwise there will be no effect
- Svetlana I have been struggling with pressure surges for a long time. I tried many tools. I can say that Raunatin used at the initial stage, when I was just diagnosed (vegetative-vascular dystonia). Since then, the pills have always been in the bag and the first-aid kit, and they helped me in due time. Now moved on to others, more efficient and safer.
Currently, the pharmacy chain sells many pharmaceutical drugs with hypotensive action. Their choice should be made not according to the recommendations of friends and not by price, but strictly for the purpose of an experienced specialist. Medications with a similar effect on the body include:
- Triresid K.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Raunatin tablets shelf life is 3 years from the date of their manufacture. It is important to store the drug in the original original packaging, protected from light and out of reach of children at air temperature not higher than + 20 ° C.