Revalgin is a combination antispasmodic from the Indian pharmaceutical company Shrey.
The drug consists of several active substances: Metamizole (Analgin), Pitofenone, relieving muscle spasm, and fenpiverini, relaxing smooth muscles. The active components of the drug potentiate each other, increasing the effect of Revalgin.
Basically, the drug in the form of a solution or tablets is prescribed to patients in whom the pain syndrome is accompanied by spasms of the smooth muscle layer of the internal organs.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much does Revalgin cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 350 rubles.
Composition and release form
Revalgin drug is available in two dosage forms:
- Solution for injection: from colorless to pale yellow color, transparent (1, 2 or 5 ml in ampoules, in plastic pallets of 3, 5 or 10 ampoules, in a cardboard bundle 1-5 pallets);
- Tablets: white, round, flat, with cut edges and a separating groove (in strips of 10 or 20 pcs., In a cardboard bundle of 1-5 or 10 strips).
Active ingredients in 1 ml of injection:
- Fenpiveriniya bromide - 0.02 mg;
- Pitofenone hydrochloride - 2 mg;
- Metamizole sodium - 500 mg.
Additional components: edetate disodium, sodium metabisulfite, potassium dihydrophosphate, sodium hydroxide, water for injection.
Active ingredients in 1 tablet:
- Fenpiveriniya bromide - 0.1 mg;
- Pitofenone hydrochloride - 5 mg;
- Metamizol - 500 mg.
Additional components: colloidal silicon dioxide, talc, starch, microcrystalline cellulose, lactose, magnesium stearate.
Revalgin's action is based on the properties of its active ingredients. It includes the antispasmodic agent pitofenone hydrochloride, the non-narcotic analgesic metamizole sodium, and also the holinoblocking agent fenpiverinium bromide.
Metamizole is a derivative of pyrazolone. It has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects. Fenpiverine and pitofenon, due to anticholinergic and myotropic effects, relax smooth muscles.
The combination of these components contributes to the mutual strengthening of their effects on the body, which is expressed in the relaxation of smooth muscles, relief of pain and decrease in body temperature.
Indications for use
What helps? The indications for Revalgin are the following ailments:
- Pain after surgery and diagnostic procedures - as an aid.
- Headache and migraine pain (for tablets), joint pain, myalgia, sciatica, neuralgia - for short-term symptomatic therapy.
- Pain syndrome, mild or moderate, with spasms of smooth muscles of internal organs - dysmenorrhea, intestinal spasms, biliary and renal colic, and other spastic states of internal organs.
Also Revalgin's solution is indicated for biliary tract dyskinesia and algomenorrhea. The drug in the form of tablets is additionally used for colds and infectious and inflammatory processes to reduce body temperature.
- acute porphyria;
- chronic heart failure in the stage of decompensation (for solution for injection);
- stable and unstable stenocardia (for solution for injections);
- pregnancy (I term and last 6 weeks);
- lactation period (breastfeeding);
- severe liver dysfunction;
- severe renal impairment;
- genetic deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- prostatic hyperplasia (with clinical manifestations);
- oppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- intestinal obstruction;
- hypersensitivity to pyrazolone derivatives and other components of the drug.
Tablets are not prescribed to children under 5 years of age.
Injection solution is not prescribed to children under the age of 3 months or with a body weight less than 5 kg.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated for admission to the first trimester of pregnancy and 6 weeks before delivery. In the rest of the period - use in consultation with the doctor.
During breastfeeding the drug is also contraindicated. If necessary, the use of the drug breastfeeding temporarily stop and restore 48 hours after taking Revalgin.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, adults and adolescents over 15 years of age are prescribed Revalgin orally (1–2 times better) 1-2 tablets 2-3 times per day. The daily dose should not exceed 6 tab. Reception duration no more than 5 days.
Increasing the daily dose of the drug or the duration of treatment is possible only under the supervision of a physician.
In children, the drug is used only on prescription. Dosage for children 6-8 years -1/2 tablets; for children 9-12 years - 3/4 pills; for children 13-15 years old - 1 tablet; the multiplicity of appointments - 2-3 times / day.
Other dosage regimens are possible only after consulting a doctor.
The drug is administered intravenously (IV) or intramuscularly (IM).
Adolescents after 15 years and adults with the development of acute severe colic, the solution is administered intravenously slowly at a dose of 2 ml (at a speed of 1 ml in 1 minute). With intravenous slow infusion, usually a single injection of 2 ml of Revalgin is sufficient, but if the need arises, the injection can be repeated after 6-8 hours.
Intramuscularly, the drug is administered 2 times a day, 2 ml, with a maximum daily dose of 4 ml. The course of therapy is no longer than 5 days.
Recommended single doses of the solution for children, depending on age and body weight:
- 3-11 months (weight 5-8 kg): in / m - 0.1-0.2 ml;
- 1-2 years (weight 9-15 kg): in / m - 0.2-0.3 ml, in / in - 0.1-0.2 ml;
- 3-4 years (weight 16-23 kg): in / m - 0.3-0.4 ml, in / in - 0.2-0.3 ml;
- 5-7 years (weight 24-30 kg): in / m - 0.4-0.5 ml, in / in - 0.3-0.4 ml;
- 8-12 years (weight 31-45 kg): in / m - 0.6-0.7 ml, in / in - 0.5-0.6 ml;
- 12-15 years: in / m / in / in - 0.8-1 ml.
If necessary, a repeated injection of the drug (in similar doses) can be prescribed.
The solution is incompatible with other drugs in the same syringe.
Before using the ampoule with Revalgin, you need to warm it in your hand.
The drug is usually well tolerated by patients. Use of the drug Revalgin in rare cases may cause the following side effects:
- Reduced sweating, difficulty urinating, accommodation paresis.
- Dizziness, tachycardia, headache, lowering blood pressure, cyanosis.
- Burning sensation in the epigastric region, dry mouth.
- Allergic reactions (anaphylactic shock, itching, urticaria, rash), angioedema.
With long-term treatment with Revalgin or when taken in high doses, there may be impaired renal function or hematopoietic system.
Overdose of the drug gives the following symptoms:
- pain in the stomach;
- a sharp decrease in blood pressure.
Emergency assistance should be directed at eliminating the symptoms - washing the stomach with a weak solution of baking soda and taking a loading dose of enterosorbents (activated carbon, Enterosgel).
Sometimes Metamizole metabolites may stain urine red.
With prolonged (more than a week) use, it is necessary to monitor the picture of peripheral blood and indicators of the functional state of the liver.
With caution and under the supervision of a physician, the drug should be used by patients with impaired liver and / or kidney function, with a tendency to hypotension, bronchospasm, as well as with increased individual sensitivity to NSAIDs or non-narcotic analgesics.
Interaction with other drugs
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Simultaneous use with cyclosporine reduces the level of the latter in the blood.
- Sedatives and tranquilizers enhance the analgesic effect of Revalgin.
- The simultaneous use of Revalgin with other non-narcotic analgesics can lead to mutual enhancement of toxic effects.
- Barbiturates, phenylbutazone and other inducers of liver microsomal enzymes weaken the effect of metamizol.
- Tricyclic antidepressants, oral contraceptives, allopurinol violate the metabolism of metamizol in the liver and increase its toxicity.
- If necessary, the simultaneous use of these and other drugs should consult with your doctor.
We offer to read the reviews of people using the drug Revalgin:
- Helena. Revalgin fits me, helps quickly, lasts for a long time and has no side effects. I've been buying it for 2-3 years, it's from me from everything, from pain, from heat, from cramping. Good tool at an affordable price.
- Irina. The tool is inexpensive, but I didn’t like to use Tablets at all, but, girls will understand me, it is unbearable to endure the monthly pain. Previously, she always suffered until she married and her husband did not persuade to take a pill. Drank revalgin. After 2 hours, I realized that the pain was not leaving, I drank the second. Also, nothing, I thought I was wasting myself in vain. At the next cycle, other painkillers were bought, and this time the pain subsided within 20 minutes. From revalgin, in the end, refused.
- Natalia. Recently, I occasionally began to appear headaches. I understand that it is worthwhile to consult a doctor, but always pull to the last. I used to take analgin, but I heard somewhere that it is unhealthy. The pharmacy advised to purchase this drug. What can I say, pain relieves with a bang. Literally in a matter of minutes, but I noticed that if you take “Revalgin” on an empty stomach, you get nausea. Although, maybe this is just my reaction. Definitely recommend, no other side effects were observed.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Spasmyl M;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Revalgin should be kept out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Keep away from light.
Shelf life of tablets and solution - 3 years.