Nurofen is a potent pharmacological drug with analgesic and antipyretic effects.
Nurofen is used to eliminate painful symptoms (pain, fever and inflammation) in case of flu, acute respiratory infections, acute respiratory viral infections, headaches, dental, muscle, joint and menstrual pain, severe pain in the throat, neuralgia, migraines, as well as damage to ligaments, muscles and sports. injuries.
When ingestion inhibits the formation of prostaglandins - substances that cause an inflammatory reaction in the human body (the so-called inflammatory mediators), due to which there is an anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effect.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much do Nurofen tablets cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 120 rubles.
Release form and composition
The drug Nurofen is available in the form of coated tablets for oral administration. The tablets are packaged in blisters of foil of 10 pieces in a cardboard bundle, they are accompanied by instructions with a detailed description.
- One tablet Nurofen contains in its composition 200 mg of the active active ingredient - Ibuprofen, in addition, the composition of the drug contains excipients - silica, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium.
- One tablet Nurofen Forte - 400 mg ibuprofen, as well as additional components: sodium citrate, sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium croscarmellose, stearic acid, sodium carmellose, silicon colloidal anhydride, titanium dioxide, acacia, sucrose, talc, macrogol 6000, industrial methylated spirit water
On one side of the tablet there is an inscription printed in Latin letters with the name of the drug.
Anti-inflammatory drug non-hormonal nature, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic action. It also has a mild antipyretic effect. The mechanism for achieving a therapeutic effect is associated with the selective blocking of enzymes, leading to the formation of biologically active substances that have the opposite effect.
Nurofen is rapidly absorbed and in a short time is distributed to all tissues, lingering predominantly in the periarticular fluid, where its maximum concentration is reached. This property of the drug is due to the high degree of binding to plasma proteins of the blood (about 90%). The drug enters the cavity of the joint to a small extent or does not fall at all.
Neutralization of Nurofen occurs in the liver with the formation of active degradation products. Its excretion occurs through the kidneys and bile. The time of removal of the drug from the body - about 4 hours.
Indications for use
Nurofen is used in situations where it is necessary to quickly and effectively relieve pain. Indications are:
- Painful menstruation.
- Headaches and migraines.
- Neuralgia of the trigeminal and facial nerve.
- Acute attack of toothache.
- Discomfort in the spine.
- Increased body temperature.
It also helps with fever, postural hypotension and to reduce the severity of proteinuria.
Through how many acts Nurofen
According to the instructions for use, the drug is absorbed by the intestines, enters the blood. The fastest result is when using rectal suppositories. After how much does Nurofen begin to act? The time depends on its release form:
- candles for children - 10 minutes;
- suspension - a quarter of an hour;
- drugs for adults - up to 30 minutes;
- The composition of the express forte is a quarter of an hour.
Oral drug is forbidden to take in the third trimester of pregnancy, in the period of lactation, children under 6 years old, as well as all patients with:
- Diseases of the optic nerve;
- Impaired color vision;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Hemophilia and hypocoagulation states;
- Aspirin bronchial asthma;
- Pathology of the vestibular apparatus and hearing loss;
- Severe liver / kidney function;
- Severe heart failure;
- Severe arterial hypertension;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- History of urticaria or rhinitis, which were caused by taking acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs;
- Hypersensitivity to ibuprofen or any other component of the drug;
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract during their exacerbations, including peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer, Crohn's disease, peptic ulcer and ulcerative colitis.
In caution Nurofen in the form of tablets prescribed:
- With bronchial asthma;
- With blood diseases of unknown etiology;
- In autoimmune diseases, incl. with systemic lupus erythematosus;
- With hypertension;
- When indicating a history of gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer;
- In chronic heart failure;
- In the first and second trimesters of pregnancy;
- Children from 6 to 12 years;
- With gastritis, colitis, enteritis and bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract;
- With hyperbilirubinemia;
- In the presence of concomitant liver / kidney diseases, including nephrotic syndrome, cirrhosis of the liver with portal hypertension.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
- Pregnant women in the first 12 weeks are not recommended to use any medications, including Nurofen. In the course of the research, it was found that during therapy with the drug in the first trimester of pregnancy, the fetus increases the risk of forming a “cleft lip” or “wolf mouth”.
- In the second trimester of pregnancy, drug therapy is possible only if there are vital indications in the case when the benefit to the woman far exceeds the likely complications for the fetus. The treatment is carried out under the strict supervision of a physician.
- In the third trimester of pregnancy, Ibuprofen treatment is prohibited, as the risk of fetal hematopoietic abnormalities, impaired renal function of the fetus or newborn and the risk of birth bleeding in a woman increases.
Since Ibuprofen penetrates into breast milk, the use of the drug Nurofen during breastfeeding is not recommended so as not to harm the baby. If necessary, the patient should stop lactating.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that Nurofen tablets are taken orally. They should be washed down with water. Patients with hypersensitivity of the stomach are advised to take the drug with meals.
The drug is intended only for short-term use. The interval between taking pills should be at least 6 hours.
- Children older than 12 years appoint 1 tab. (200 mg) up to 3-4 times / day.
- Children between the ages of 6 and 12 are prescribed 1 tab. (200 mg) up to 3-4 times / day; The drug can be prescribed only to children weighing more than 20 kg.
The maximum daily dose for children aged 6 to 18 years is 800 mg (4 tab.).
If during the use of the drug for 2-3 days the symptoms persist or worsen, it is necessary to stop treatment and consult a doctor.
When using Nurofen within 2-3 days, side effects are practically not observed. In case of prolonged use, the following side effects may occur:
- On the part of the respiratory system: bronchospasm, shortness of breath.
- Since the cardiovascular system: heart failure, increased blood pressure, tachycardia.
- On the part of the urinary system: nephrotic syndrome, acute renal failure.
- From the hemopoietic system: anemia, thrombocytopenia, thrombocytopenic purpura, agranulocytosis, leukopenia.
- On the part of the organ of vision: blurred vision, diplopia, dryness and eye irritation, conjunctival edema and eyelid (allergic origin).
- Allergic reactions: skin rash, itching, urticaria, angioedema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, Lyell's syndrome, eosinophilia, allergic rhinitis.
- On the part of the digestive system: nausea, vomiting, heartburn, anorexia, epigastric discomfort, diarrhea, flatulence, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, abdominal pain, irritation, dry oral mucosa, aphthous stomatitis, pancreatitis, constipation, hepatitis.
- On the part of the central nervous system: headache, dizziness, insomnia, agitation, drowsiness, depression, confusion, hallucinations, hearing loss, tinnitus.
- Other: increased sweating.
With prolonged use in high doses: ulceration of the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract, bleeding (including from the gastrointestinal tract, gums, uterine, hemorrhoidal), visual impairment (violation of color vision, amblyopia).
Overdose symptoms: nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain or, less commonly, diarrhea, tinnitus, headache, and gastrointestinal bleeding.
In more severe cases, there are manifestations of the central nervous system: drowsiness, rarely - excitement, convulsions, disorientation, coma. In cases of severe poisoning, metabolic acidosis and an increase in prothrombin time, renal failure, liver tissue damage, decreased blood pressure, respiratory depression and cyanosis can develop. Patients with bronchial asthma may worsen this disease.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- During the treatment period, ethanol is not recommended.
- In patients with bronchial asthma or allergic disease in the acute stage, as well as in patients with bronchial asthma / allergic disease in the history of the drug can provoke bronchospasm.
- It is recommended to take the drug in the shortest possible course and in the minimum effective dose necessary to eliminate the symptoms. If necessary, use of the drug for more than 10 days, you must consult a doctor.
- During long-term treatment, it is necessary to control the picture of peripheral blood and the functional state of the liver and kidneys.
- The use of the drug in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus or mixed connective tissue disease is associated with an increased risk of aseptic meningitis.
- If necessary, determine the 17-ketosteroids drug should be canceled 48 hours before the study.
- When symptoms of gastropathy appear, careful monitoring is shown, including esophagogastroduodenoscopy, complete blood count (hemoglobin determination), fecal occult blood test.
- For patients with hypertension, incl. history, and / or chronic heart failure, you should consult with your doctor before using the drug, because the drug can cause fluid retention, increased blood pressure and edema.
- Patients with renal insufficiency should consult with a physician before using the drug, because there is a risk of deterioration of the functional state of the kidneys.
- The use of NSAIDs in patients with chickenpox may be associated with an increased risk of developing severe purulent complications of infectious and inflammatory diseases and subcutaneous fat (eg, necrotizing fasciitis). In this regard, it is recommended to avoid the use of the drug for chickenpox.
- Patients with uncontrolled arterial hypertension, congestive heart failure II-III class NYHA, coronary artery disease, peripheral artery disease and / or cerebrovascular disease should be prescribed ibuprofen only after careful evaluation of the benefit / risk ratio, and the use of ibuprofen in high doses should be avoided (≥16) mg / day).
- Women planning pregnancy should take into account that the drug suppresses COX and prostaglandin synthesis, affects ovulation, impairing female reproductive function (reversibly after withdrawal of treatment).
When using the drug, you must consider the interaction with other drugs:
- Ibuprofen enhances the side effects of ethanol, estrogen, glucocorticosteroids and mineralocorticoids.
- Kolestiramin and antacids reduce the absorption of ibuprofen.
- Nurofen increases plasma concentrations of methotrexate, digoxin and lithium preparations.
- Caffeine enhances the analgesic effect of ibuprofen.
- With simultaneous use with Nurofen cefotetan, plicamycin, cefoperazone, valproic acid and cefamundol increase the incidence of hypoprothrombinemia.
- The simultaneous use of ibuprofen with acetylsalicylic acid and other NSAIDs is not recommended (the antiplatelet and anti-inflammatory effect of the latter is reduced), as well as with thrombolytic and anticoagulant drugs (the risk of bleeding increases).
- Drugs that block tubular secretion, increase the concentration of ibuprofen in plasma. Inductors of microsomal oxidation (barbiturates, phenylbutazone, phenytoin, tricyclic antidepressants, rifampicin, ethanol) increase the risk of severe hepatotoxic reactions, and inhibitors of microsomal oxidation have the opposite effect.
- Preparations of gold and cyclosporine increase the nephrotoxicity of ibuprofen, which in turn increases the concentration of cyclosporine in the plasma and increases the likelihood of the development of the hepatotoxic effect of the latter.
- Nurofen reduces the natriuretic effect of hydrochlorothiazide and furosemide, the hypotensive effect of vasodilators and the effectiveness of uricosuric drugs; enhances the action of fibrinolitikov, antiplatelet agents, indirect anticoagulants and oral hypoglycemic agents (insulin and sulfonylurea derivatives).
We picked up some reviews of people using the Nurofen tablets:
- Zoya Mommies know what it means to give the child medicine - then spit it out, then vomiting will appear. It turned out that there is a febrifuge - a tasty Nurofen baby suspension, and even at an inexpensive price - was very happy. The baby drinks the medicine with pleasure, but the main thing is that she can quickly bring the temperature down. Excellent tool for colds.
- Angelica. Do not pass the panic when the five-month daughter had a fever. What to do - to put injections, and if the pill, how to give? Thanks to the pediatrician - it turned out there are Nurofen candles, for which, according to the instructions, it can be used from 3 months. The temperature managed to knock down after the second use. Very convenient to use, the effect is fast.
- Irina. Very good drug. I have never used it before. And my pediatrician prescribes it as an anti-inflammatory for colds. Therefore, we are just starting to drink this syrup. He really helps a lot. Read a lot of side effects. Scary, of course, it is. But I hope that we often do not accept it and on debt also do not accept. Yes, and I always try to reduce the dosage a little, if possible. So far I have not seen anything like this in my child.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Children's Motrin;
- Is long;
- Ibuprofen lannaher;
- Ibuprofen Nycomed;
- Ibutop gel;
- MIG 200;
- MIG 400;
- Nurofen for children;
- Nurofen Period;
- Nurofen UltraCap;
- Nurofen Forte;
- Nurofen Express;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at a temperature not higher than +25 ° C. Keep out of the reach of children. Shelf life - 3 years.