Lizobak - local antiseptic for use in ENT practice for erosive and ulcerative lesions of the oral mucosa, including for the treatment of recurrent aphthous stomatitis.
It has a combined effect: antimicrobial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, reparative, anti-relapsing, immunostimulating.
Unlike the latest generation of potent antibiotics, Lizobact cannot boast of an instant antimicrobial effect, but it differs from this group of medicines in an almost complete absence of contraindications: you can take it to pregnant women and children.
Antiseptic for local use in ENT practice and dentistry.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Lizobact cost? The average price in pharmacies is 270 rubles.
Release form and composition
Lizobact is produced in the form of lozenges: white, yellowish-white or pale cream color, round, with a risk on one side (in a blister of PVC / aluminum foil 10 tablets, in a cardboard bundle of 1 or 3 blisters).
Active substances in 1 tablet:
- Lysozyme hydrochloride - 20 mg;
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride - 10 mg.
Additional components: magnesium stearate, gum tragacanth, lactose monohydrate, vanillin, sodium saccharinate.
Analgesic, antiseptic, local anti-inflammatory. Antiseptic for local use in ENT practice and dentistry. Lysozyme is a protein enzyme (mucolytic enzyme mucopeptide-N-acetylmuramyl-hydrolase) and is used as an antiseptic (causes lysis of the cell membrane of gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria and fungi), also has antiviral activity.
Pyridoxine promotes the regeneration of the oral mucosa and has an anti-aphthous effect.
Indications for use
According to the instructions Lizobact prescribed for the treatment of diseases of the mucous membrane of the gums, oral cavity and larynx infectious-inflammatory nature, namely:
- Aphthous ulcerations;
- Erosions of the oral mucosa, having any etiology;
- Catarrhal phenomena of the upper respiratory tract;
- Herpetic lesions (usually in complex treatment).
According to the instructions and reviews, the drug has a good tolerability, acts fairly quickly, helps to cope with a large number of diseases affecting the mucous membrane of the throat and mouth.
However, like any other synthetic agent has its own contraindications, including:
- individual intolerance to the composition;
- age up to 3 years;
- lactose intolerance.
With caution you need to take the drug in early pregnancy, with chronic diseases of the liver and kidneys.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Lizobakta and for treatment of pregnant women, and also nursing mothers is allowed. The drug, which does not contain any hazardous to either the mother or the baby, can be used to treat the throat and mouth in women in almost any gestational age. The only limitation is, as for other patients, individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
Meanwhile, during the first trimester, when the formation of the fetus occurs, women are not recommended to take any drugs. If the medicine was nevertheless prescribed (as the best option for pregnant women among all analogues), the dosage remains standard for an adult patient. The same applies to nursing mothers - the usual dose, and therapy with Lizobakta does not require, in contrast to other anti-inflammatory drugs, the transfer of the baby to an artificial diet.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicated: tablets of the drug Lizobact should be slowly absorbed, not chewed, delaying the melted mass of the tablets in the mouth as long as possible, until complete dissolution.
- Children aged 3-7 years - 1 tab. 3 times a day, children aged 7-12 years - 1 tab. 4 times a day.
- Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 2 tab. 3-4 times a day.
The course of treatment is 8 days.
The drug almost never causes side effects. In some cases, local allergic reactions caused by individual intolerance to one of the active ingredients of the drug were observed.
These phenomena disappear after refusing to take the medicine.
Cases of drug overdose in the instructions are missing, but in order to avoid adverse reactions, you must strictly adhere to the dose of the drug. In very rare cases, numbness in the mouth may occur, but this symptom will disappear within a few minutes.
In the event of an allergic reaction, the use of the drug should be stopped. In such cases, the patient must consult a doctor.
When combined, Lizobakt enhances the action of antibiotics, incl. penicillin, chloramphenicol, nitrofurantoin, enhances the action of diuretics, reduces the activity of levodopa.
Isoniazid, penicillamine, pyrazinamide, immunosuppressants, estrogens and oral contraceptives may increase the need for pyridoxine (antagonistic effect on pyridoxine or an increase in renal excretion).
We picked up some reviews of people taking Lizobact:
- Dmitriy. Good antiseptic drug, and the taste is not nasty. But it still bothers you to keep these flammable tablets in your mouth for more than two hours. I understand that it is necessary, the active substance acts longer. But I have much less patience than I need.
- Alexey. Lizobakt tried to treat throat after hypothermia 4 years ago and now these pills are always in the home medicine chest. Lizobakt is universal - suitable for treating the throat of the whole family, and the normal taste does not cause aversion in the child. They quickly, literally in 20-30 seconds, dissolve in the mouth and after they are taken there is no foreign smell from the mouth. I buy 3 packs at once, it's a pity that there is no 100 tablets at once. And the price is normal, and helps well. Although it is strange that doctors usually write out every time different, sometimes even less effective.
- Marina. I often have a sore throat. I searched for the right medicine for a long time, tried a lot, but nothing helped. Quite by chance in my medicine cabinet I discovered this miracle remedy. I can not say that it acts instantly and as if it clicks away pain, however, the result is definitely there. From my own experience I can say that there is practically no result from the use of Lizobact alone. It must be taken regularly and course. I have enough for 2-3 tablets per day, about a week. Already on day 2, the pain is reduced, and by 3 it almost disappears. The taste of the tablets is not very pleasant, it seemed even nasty at first, but after a couple of days I got used to it and stopped noticing. As for the price, it is not too high, but there are medicines and cheaper. But as far as I know, “Lizobakt” is made from natural ingredients, and for this, in combination with high efficiency, you can pay extra.
To look in the pharmacy for an analogue of Lizobact according to its composition is a hopeless occupation. The drug has no absolute analogues among immunomodulators from other manufacturers.
However, the analogue of Lizobact by its action on pathogenic flora in the mouth can be attributed to the same Imudon, an antibiotic in resorption tablets Grammidin or the antiseptic Faringosept. But the principle of operation, effectiveness, adverse reactions, indications and contraindications for these drugs are different.
In addition to tablets for resorption, such analogues in the field of application as Kameton or Ingalipt can become a substitute. Care should be taken to use these aerosols: unlike the harmless Lysobact, they can cause quite serious side effects.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children. Store at a temperature of 10-30 ° C.
Shelf life - 5 years.