Cortexin is a nootropic drug from the group of protein bioregulators.
The action of the drug is based on its ability to normalize metabolic processes in the brain, as a result of which an antioxidant, anticonvulsant, nootropic, celebroprotectin effect is exerted on the central nervous system.
As an active component used complexes of low molecular weight water-soluble peptides, which are called Cortexin.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Cortexin cost? The average price in pharmacies is 1,200 rubles.
Release form and composition
Cortexin is produced in the form of a lyophysiate to prepare a solution for further injection in the muscle. The drug is available in bottles of 5 ml of 10 pieces in a carton with the attached detailed description. The contents of the bottle is a porous white powdery mass with a slight yellowish tinge.
- The lyophilized powder contained in one vial for preparing an injection solution consists of 5 or 10 mg of a complex of water-soluble polypeptide fractions (cortexin) as the active substance and 6 or 12 mg of glycine as a stabilizer.
The pharmacological activity of Cortexin is due to the effectiveness of the active ingredients — small proteins by weight, which, after an intramuscular infusion, penetrate into the brain and contribute to the following positive effects:
- Antioxidant. The drug slows down the oxidation of lipids, prevents the negative effects of free radicals on brain cells. Under the action of the drug, an increase in cell survival is observed under conditions of oxygen starvation (hypoxia).
- Nootropic Active components improve memory and the process of learning, contribute to increased concentration, and resistance to psycho-emotional overstrain, stressful situations.
- Neuroprotective effects. Active substances help to reduce the toxic effects of psychotropic components, as well as protect neurons from a number of neurotoxic factors: calcium ions, free radicals.
- Anticonvulsant. The drug helps to suppress the activity of pathological foci in the brain.
Cortexin also activates metabolic processes, helps to improve the functional state of the central nervous system and improves tone. The drug prevents the formation of free radicals, optimizes the balance of metabolism of excitatory and inhibitory amino acids.
Indications for use
The instructions for use of the drug Cortexin injections indicate that this tool is indicated in the presence or development of such diseases:
- Asthenia and encephalitis.
- Vegetative dystonia.
- Cerebral palsy in children.
- Failure of cerebral circulation.
- Present traumatic brain injuries, as well as their consequences.
- Epileptic condition of the patient.
- Perinatal CNS damage in children.
- Cognitive impairment, through which a person suffers from a disorder of memory, attention and thinking.
- Reducing the ability to learn and develop new knowledge.
- Problems with the development of speech in childhood.
The use of the drug has a positive effect on the development of the child, as well as improving the condition of people in old age.
Like many drugs, Cortexin has contraindications:
- individual intolerance;
- lactation period;
- hypersensitivity to medication components.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is contraindicated for use during pregnancy (due to the lack of data from clinical studies).
If necessary, the appointment of the drug during lactation should stop breastfeeding (due to lack of data from clinical studies).
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicated: Cortexin in ampoules injected in / m.
- The contents of the vial are dissolved before injection in 1-2 ml of a 0.5% solution of procain (novocaine), water for injection or 0.9% sodium chloride solution, directing the needle to the wall of the vial to avoid foaming, and injected once daily: to children weighing up to 20 kg per a dose of 0.5 mg / kg, with a body weight of more than 20 kg - at a dose of 10 mg for 10 days.
If necessary, repeat the course after 3-6 months.
How to breed Cortexin
The drug itself is available in powder form. For intramuscular injection is to use a special solution. How to dilute Cortexin? Lidocaine is not recommended. You can only use these liquids:
- 0.5% procaine;
- 0.5% novocaine;
- injection water;
- 0.9% physiological or sodium chloride solution.
Novocain is an anesthetic, because it reduces the pain of the injection, although this increases the risk of developing allergies. It is better to use water for injection or solution. On one bottle of medication you need 1 or 0.5 ml of liquid. This solution should be taken for the treatment of an adult. For the child should use 2 ml of solvent. Although the exact proportion can pick only a doctor.
For cultivation of an adult or children's lyophilisate, 1 - 2 ml of any specified solution is necessary. The dilution is as follows:
- Take a sterile syringe of the desired volume and put the needle on the needle holder.
- Open the vial with solvent.
- Immerse the needle in a vial or ampoule and take the right amount of solution (1 - 2 ml).
- Remove aluminum foil from cork on Cortexin lyophilized vial (if any).
- Pierce the rubber stopper on the lyophilized vial with the needle of the syringe containing the solvent.
- Lower the needle to about the middle of the vial with lyophilisate.
- Slowly pressing the plunger of the syringe, release the solvent into the lyophilisate. In order to prevent foaming of the lyophilisate, it is recommended to direct the needle from the syringe to the wall of the vial, since in this case the liquid will flow evenly over the glass and fall on the powder without inflating it.
When the entire volume of solvent is released into the lyophilisate, it is necessary, without removing the syringe needles, to gently shake the vial from side to side to achieve complete dissolution of the powder. When there is a homogeneous solution without flakes in the vial, it means that the lyophilisate is completely dissolved and can be used for the injection.
After complete dissolution of the lyophilisate, it is drawn into a syringe. Recruit lyophilisate can be the same needle that was used to dissolve the drug, provided that it is not removed from the tube for the period of mixing the solution. If the needle was removed from the stopper of the vial with the lyophilisate, then another sterile needle should be taken to recruit the prepared solution into the syringe, since it will be used for the subsequent injection.
Cortexin is well tolerated, but in rare cases, after its introduction, allergic reactions may occur in the form of skin rash, itching. As practice shows, adverse reactions occur only when the lyophilisate is diluted with novocaine during the use of the drug. The minimal risk of side effects is present when diluting powder with 9% sodium chloride.
If the recommended dose of the drug is not followed, there is a risk of overdose, but there is no such information in the annotation to the drug. To reduce the risk, in the course of treatment it is necessary to strictly observe the prescribed dose of the medicine and in no case, without consulting the doctor, adjust the dose.
In order to correctly administer the medication and achieve the maximum therapeutic effect, certain rules must be observed during Cortexin treatment.
- It is necessary to introduce the lyophilisate solution slowly, because with the rapid introduction pain will be present.
- Dilute the medicine should be immediately before its introduction.
- If the solution remains in the vial, re-use is prohibited.
- When the injection of Cortexin is missed for any reason, it is not necessary to administer a double dose.
- In the process of the injection you need to strictly follow the rules of antiseptics.
- The drug does not affect driving a car or working with complex technology.
- In the process of treatment it is necessary to strictly observe the dosage, the duration of treatment.
- Use the drug with other nootropics can only be recommended by a doctor.
Following the basic rules, Cortexin treatment will be effective and completely safe for the patient's health.
The drug Cortexin does not interact with drugs, so it can be used in combination therapy with other drugs. The exceptions are drugs that contain the active substance having a peptide structure.
We picked up some reviews of people taking Cortexin:
- Nath. Korteksin helped me during the exam, I then thought about it day and night, I could not get together, I did not know what object to grab. Stress was terrible, but Cortexin helped to gather and expand everything on the shelves. Soothes nerves, increases efficiency, organization. I strongly advise during periods of workload at work and school.
- Veronica. My baby was born with 2-sided hematomas on the head. The maternity hospital said: “It’s okay to resolve,” the district pediatrician is the same. They came in a month to a neurologist, it turned out that it was necessary to urgently take measures that cysts could form in the head, etc. Assigned in the complex treatment of injections of Cortexin. It was very scary to watch how they make shots in the ass, which is not really there, but we survived with the baby. By the age of 7 months, the ultrasound showed that everything was fine and that we managed to eliminate all the consequences of the birth trauma, the cysts were resolved, the blood circulation of the brain was good. Now the child is a year old, developing by age, everything is fine, pah-pah.
- Oksana. My daughter recently went to the second grade. School program was given to her with difficulty. A neurologist prescribed a nootropic drug. I read the reviews about the medication, I decided to try the instructions, and the price is also low. The treatment helped after a few days, the effect was noticed by the teacher. In addition, the daughter became calmer.
In the domestic pharmaceutical market, Cortexin has only analogue preparations that contain other active substances, but have a similar spectrum of therapeutic activity.
So, Cortexin analogues are the following drugs:
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid;
- Glutamic acid;
- Hopanthenic acid;
- Children's tenoten
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep out of the reach of children, protected from light, at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years.