Canephron H consists of a unique combination of centaury grass, lovage root and rosemary leaves.
The drug helps to increase the effectiveness of antibiotic treatment, normalizes urination, reduces the risk of repeated exacerbations of chronic cystitis, in combination therapy helps with cystitis reduce pain in the bladder, the disappearance of pain during urination. It has good tolerability and the possibility of long-term use in combination with antibacterial drugs.
On this page you will find all the information about Canephron H: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Canephron N. Do you want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Phytopreparation used in diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Canephron N? The average price is 420 rubles for a package of 60 dragees and 390 rubles for a bottle of 100 ml oral solution.
Release form and composition
Annotation to the drug indicates that Canephron H is available in the form of dragees and in the form of a solution for per os use (inside).
- The solution is a clear and slightly turbid, fragrant yellowish-brown liquid. In pharmacies, it is sold in 100 ml each, in vials equipped with a dispensing device.
- Dragee biconvex, have a round shape. Their surface is smooth, the color is orange. Pills are sold in packaged packs of 20 pieces in blisters, 3 packs in a carton box.
The composition of 1 tablet includes active substances (in the form of crushed medicinal plant materials):
- Centaury (grass) - 18 mg;
- Lovage medicinal (roots) - 18 mg;
- Rosemary (leaves) - 18 mg.
The composition of 100 mg solution for oral administration includes active substances (in the form of an aqueous-alcoholic extract from medicinal plant materials - 29 mg):
- Centaury (grass) - 0.6 mg;
- Lovage medicinal (roots) - 0.6 mg;
- Rosemary (leaves) - 0.6 mg.
Small children (up to 5 years) are prescribed drops. The advantage of drops is the ease of adjusting the dosage, the advantage of the drops - ease of administration. Drops are shown to infants and children up to 5 years, as they allow to take the drug in small dosages with high accuracy. Children over 5 years old and adults can take the drug in both forms.
Canephron H is a herbal medicinal product that has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effects. It contains many active ingredients that have a complex effect and significantly reduce the severity of the inflammatory process in a short time, eliminates spasm of the urinary tract and has a diuretic effect.
The composition of the drug includes essential oils, phenol carboxylic acids and other herbal ingredients. Almost all of them have antibacterial action and other useful properties that guarantee a fast and safe result. When using the drug Canephron N in all patients, a decrease in urinary protein excretion is observed, which is caused by the effect of the plant components that make up the drug on the tubular and glomerular system.
Indications for use
The drug is used in the treatment of the following diseases and conditions:
- Interstitial nephritis (inflammation of the kidney, affecting connective tissues), chronic pyelonephritis (inflammation of the renal pelvis and kidney), chronic cystitis (general inflammation of the bladder), chronic glomerulonephritis (bilateral inflammation of the kidney and glomeruli).
In addition, the drug is used for the prevention of nephrolithiasis (the formation and deposition of kidney stones) and after operations to remove stones (including after shock wave lithotripsy).
Despite the fact that the drug contains herbal ingredients, dragees can be used only after consulting a doctor. Before starting the therapy, carefully read the enclosed instructions, as the medicine in the form of a dragee has the following contraindications:
- children up to 6 years;
- gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer in the acute stage;
- deficiency of sucrase / isomaltase, fructose intolerance;
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- lactase deficiency, lactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption.
Contraindications for solution:
- children up to 1 year;
- alcoholism (including after anti-alcohol treatment);
- gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer in the acute stage;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Take the solution with caution: liver disease, traumatic brain injury, brain disease, children's age over 1 year (use is possible only after consulting a doctor) - due to the content of ethanol.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The use of the drug during pregnancy and during breastfeeding is possible only on prescription of the doctor after assessing the risk-benefit ratio, in strict accordance with the recommendations for use.
Instructions for use for dragee
The instructions for use indicated that the dragee Canephron H is taken orally, without chewing, with water.
- adults - 2 pills 3 times / day, school-age children - 1 pill 3 times / day.
- after easing the severity of the disease should continue treatment with the drug for 2-4 weeks.
A large amount of fluid is recommended during drug treatment.
Instructions for solution
Canephron H as a solution is taken orally, diluted in a small amount of water or washed down with water. Before use, the drug should be shaken. If necessary, for example, to soften the bitter taste for children, the drug can be taken along with other liquids.
- adults - 50 drops 3 times / day;
- children of school age - 25 drops 3 times / day,
- children of preschool age (older than 1 year) - 15 drops 3 times / day.
After easing the severity of the disease should continue treatment with the drug for 2-4 weeks.
A large amount of fluid is recommended during drug treatment.
During therapy, the following side effects may occur:
- Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (in the form of vomiting, nausea, diarrhea);
- Allergic reactions (with the development of symptoms of an allergic reaction, the drug should be stopped).
Cases of overdose with Canephron H have not been described. As a rule, even with prolonged use of pills or exceeding the recommended dose, no serious reactions were seen in the patient.
In case of accidental ingestion of large amounts of medication, it is recommended that the patient flush the stomach and allow enterosorbents, such as activated charcoal, to drink.
Due to the alcohol content, the oral solution should not be taken by an alcoholic patient. After successful anti-alcohol treatment and liver diseases, the use of the solution for oral administration is possible only after consulting a doctor.
When using the drug is recommended intake of large amounts of fluid. When using the vial, keep it upright. During the storage of the Canephron H solution, a slight turbidity or slight precipitate may occur, which does not affect the effectiveness of the preparation.
Before use, the solution of Canephron should be shaken! The drug does not reduce the ability to drive vehicles and work with mechanisms.
Canephron is completely compatible with other drugs. It is for this reason that this remedy is often prescribed to patients as an additional component of a comprehensive drug therapy.
- In combination with antibiotic drugs, Canephron significantly enhances their action, thereby increasing the effectiveness of the therapeutic course.
Actually, doctors and recommend taking Kanefron in combination with other medicines, because most urological diseases are caused by infectious pathogens, and therefore only one herbal preparation for a complete victory over the disease, most likely, will not be enough!
Canephron (especially in the form of syrup) is not recommended to be combined with the intake of alcoholic beverages! Alcohol gives a serious burden on the kidneys, and therefore can significantly reduce the effectiveness of the drug and even reduce it to zero indicators! In general, in the treatment of any renal diseases, physicians strongly recommend patients to refrain from the use of alcoholic beverages!
We picked up some feedback from people about Canephron H:
- Olga Immediately after a cold, problems with urination began, I read reviews on the Internet in the forums about Canephron, I began to take on the scheme. Saw 2 tab. * 3 times, lasting 7 days. Did not become longer, since the effect was visible after the first day of taking the medicine. It’s bad of course that without a doctor’s appointment, but how do I get there (I live in the village) ... and I don’t always have enough time. In general, not regretted.
- Svetlana In early childhood, I suffered pyelonephritis. Therefore, before getting pregnant, the doctor prescribed me a course of antimicrobials and “Canephron H”. This is a drug that contains only herbs. It is easy to drink, no discomfort in the stomach. Those who suffer from kidneys know that herbs can not be avoided in the treatment of kidneys. But the grass still needs to be brewed correctly, and “Canephron H” is very convenient because it is in pills. In general, all tests during pregnancy were excellent, the baby was born healthy.
- Nikolai. They appointed Kanefron in winter, took it as it should be for several days, it became better - it stopped, but in vain. Now I drink it constantly, because my cystitis is now in a chronic form. The doctor prescribed for a long reception for a month. I feel good, there is not even these terrible rezya when urinating.
- Oleg. An excellent drug for the treatment of cystitis. It was a little muddled, but this is probably due to the fact that drops of alcohol, therefore chronic gastritis played up a little, but in general it is better than poisoning yourself with antibiotics, and in fact many antibiotics can not be kidney. I recommend kanefron - cheap and simple.
A number of products with a spectrum of action similar to Canephron and having a natural, plant-based composition are presented on the pharmaceutical market.
The following medicines are related to analogs of Canephron:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Which is better: Canephron or Cystone?
Both Canephron and Tsiston are preparations with a natural composition. They have a minimum number of contraindications and provoke a minimum of side effects.
The advantages of Cystone are:
- More affordable price;
- High efficiency in excretion of oxalate and phosphate urinary calculi;
- More pronounced antibacterial effect (this is due to the richer composition of the drug).
The main advantages of Canephron over Cystone are:
- The ability to reduce the amount of excreted in the urine of protein (this feature of the drug can be very useful during pregnancy);
availability of dosage form, which is convenient to use for the treatment of young children.
- Lower probability of developing allergic reactions (this is due to the fact that there are fewer plant components in Canephron).
Unlike Canephron, Cystone is characterized by its ability to stop attacks of renal colic, is effective in conditions that are accompanied by an increase in the concentration of uric acid in the blood. In addition, it can be used to treat gout and urinary incontinence in women.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Shelf life for tablets - 4 years, for a solution - 2 years from the date of issue. The contents of the opened bottle are suitable for use within six months. The expiration date indicated on the package with tablets determines the possibility of using them until the last day of the month.
During storage of the solution, sediment may form, which is due to the plant components that make up the preparation. This effect does not affect the safety and pharmacological properties of Canephron N.