Indomethacin suppositories are an anti-inflammatory drug, usually prescribed in combination with other drugs.
Suppositories are used in inflammatory processes during gynecological and ENT diseases, as well as in the treatment of all types of neuralgia, prostatitis in the stronger sex, musculoskeletal system and disorders of the protein metabolism in the body.
On this page you will find all the information about Indomethacin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Indomethacin candles. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
NSAIDs, indole acetic acid derivative.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much do Indomethacin candles cost? The average price in pharmacies is 320 rubles.
Release form and composition
Suppositories are different packing, in one blister can be 5 or 10 candles. Each blister is placed in a cardboard box with instructions.
1 suppository contains:
- active ingredient: indomethacin 50 or 100 mg;
- excipients: cetyl alcohol, semi-synthetic glycerides - up to 2.0 g.
Candles are used rectally, the drug has established itself as a good analgesic that can relieve pain and fever in a matter of minutes. Indomethacin is not considered a hormonal drug, reduces inflammation due to active substances that are able to block the enzymes that cause the inflammatory process.
The drug relieves the headache well, especially if it is used simultaneously with other medications. In addition, Indomethacin relieves cystitis, prostatitis, it is prescribed after operations to remove teeth, as well as a preventive treatment for the development of inflammation in the gums. If the drug is taken in a course, it accumulates in the body and can permanently relieve joint pain and inflammation in the area. The therapeutic effect of the drug the patient can feel after two weeks, and the form of the drug does not matter, whether it be candles or tablets.
When the drug in the form of a suppository is inserted into the large intestine, the symptoms of the disease that have arisen in the large intestine immediately disappear, as the drug quickly removes the rectal tone.
Indications for use
The list of actions of this drug predetermined the indications for the use of rectal suppositories with indomethacin:
- Myalgia (muscle pain);
- Inflammation of the soft tissues and parts of the musculoskeletal system caused by injuries;
- Bouts of rheumatism;
- Articular syndrome accompanying diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, gout, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis;
- Spinal pain due to various causes;
- Veurralgia (nerve pains along the nerve),
As part of the complex treatment of candles with indomethacin in the field of gynecology, the doctor prescribes for the following female diseases:
- Inflammation of the appendages;
- Ovarian cyst;
- Uterine fibroids;
- Postoperative pain.
Candles with indomethacin can be used as an adjunct in the treatment of diseases of the upper respiratory tract of an infectious-inflammatory nature, in such diseases of the urogenital system as adnexitis, prostatitis, and cystitis.
Hypersensitivity to the drug and other NSAIDs (instructions in the history of bronchial asthma, urticaria and rhinitis caused by taking acetylsalicylic acid); violation of blood formation of unknown etiology; congenital heart defects; gastric and intestinal ulcers, inflammatory erosive diseases, proctitis, hemorrhoids, rectal bleeding, pregnancy and lactation, age up to 14 years.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Indomethacin tablets and suppositories are contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
In the instructions for use indicated that the dosage form, dose and period of treatment prescribed by the attending physician on the basis of clinical indications and the patient's condition.
- Suppositories are used rectally in 50-100 mg 2 times a day, with maintenance therapy 1 time per day (at night). The maximum daily dose is 200 mg.
When prescribing candles vaginally, before the procedure, you must first carry out hygiene procedures. Take a prone position, placing a diaper under the pelvic region. Then insert the suppository deep into the vagina. Lie down for a while. To achieve the best result, use the drug overnight so that the active ingredients are absorbed into the tissues and more actively affect the inflammation.
During the period of treatment with Indomethacin suppositories, patients may develop the following adverse reactions:
- On the part of the clinical picture of blood - reducing the number of leukocytes in rare cases;
- From the side of the central nervous system - depression, lethargy, drowsiness, dizziness, fainting, loss of sensitivity in the fingertips, involuntary jerking of the limbs, sleep disturbances;
- On the part of the gastrointestinal tract, lack of appetite, abdominal pain, nausea, dry mouth, exacerbation of chronic diseases of the stomach and duodenum, constipation or diarrhea, distention of the intestine, spasms, enlargement of the liver;
- From the side of the cardiovascular system - a change in blood pressure, edema, pain in the heart, heart rhythm disturbances, heart failure;
- Allergic reactions - itching, burning in the anus with the introduction of suppositories, skin rash, urticaria, angioedema in rare cases.
Among the less common side effects are vaginal bleeding, nosebleeds, gynecomastia, tenderness and increased sensitivity of the mammary glands.
In case of drug overdose, the patient may experience the following symptoms:
- Memory impairment;
- Strong headache;
In some cases, long-term drug treatment in large doses can cause paresthesia, numbness of the extremities and convulsions.
- If necessary, determine the 17-ketosteroids drug should be canceled 48 hours before the study.
- Not recommended for use with other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- During treatment, control of the functional state of the liver and kidneys and the peripheral blood picture is necessary.
The drug can be used with caution after a thorough assessment of the benefit / risk ratio under the strict supervision of a physician in patients with a history of gastrointestinal diseases; in patients with severe impaired liver and kidney function; with severe hypertension and / or chronic heart failure; immediately after surgery; in elderly patients; with parkinsonism, epilepsy, mental disorders.
- At simultaneous use with NPVS toxicity of cyclosporine increases.
- With the simultaneous use of indomethacin and diflunisal there is a risk of severe bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract.
- With simultaneous use of probenecid may increase the concentration of indomethacin in the blood plasma.
- Indomethacin can reduce the tubular secretion of methotrexate, which leads to an increase in its toxicity.
- With simultaneous use of indomethacin can reduce the effects of saluretik, beta-blockers; enhance the effects of indirect anticoagulants.
- With simultaneous use of indomethacin with digoxin, it is possible to increase the concentration of digoxin in the blood plasma and increase the T1 / 2 of digoxin.
- Indomethacin in a dose of 50 mg 3 times / day increases the concentration of lithium in the blood plasma and reduces the clearance of lithium from the body in patients with mental illness.
We picked up some reviews of people about Indomethacin candles:
- Lyudmila. The state is like a drunk after a candle, apparently from fright was pre-unconscious, honored the reviews calmed down, must remain alive))) Well, and so effective candles, all NSAIDs have a lot of side effects.
- Olga I was disturbed by very strong pains, I could not sleep at night, I also barely moved during the day. Candles Indomethacin was advised to me in the pharmacy, because it was not possible to get to my gynecologist. After the candle was injected, probably 15-20 minutes passed, when the pain finally disappeared. The first reception was in the afternoon, before a dream entered one more candle. A few days later the pain went away without a trace. From the side effects there was a burning sensation in the anus, but it passes when the candle begins to dissolve. The manual about gynecology does not say anything, but read reviews on the Internet, everyone is happy.
- Victoria. I did not know what else to fight with her husband's prostate. The doctor advised to relieve inflammation with Indomethacin, everything would be fine, but my husband is 58 years old, still, the immunity is not the same as before. My husband constantly has to be behind the wheel, and these candles are very disturbed coordination and reaction. We'll have to look for something else, and pity, the price and the effect against prostatitis were good.
The following drugs are similar in their therapeutic properties with indomethacin suppositories:
- Indomethacin berlin-hemi suppositories;
- Indomethacin sofarma candles;
- Indomethacin Altpharm Suppositories.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store suppositories neobhodiomo in a dry place at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Expiration date: suppositories - 2 years.