Dancil is a drug that comes in a droplet format.
Can be used to treat diseases of the eyes and ears. It has a pronounced antimicrobial effect. In the role of the active component is ofloxacin. It belongs to the fluoroquinol group. The drug is characterized by a wide degree of influence, due to which it is possible to successfully cope with gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria.
On this page you will find all the information about Dancil: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Danzil drops. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Antimicrobial agent group of fluoroquinolones broad-spectrum.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does Danzil cost? The average price in pharmacies is 160 rubles.
Release form and composition
The composition of 1 ml drops:
- active ingredient: ofloxacin - 3 mg;
- auxiliary components: benzalkonium chloride - 0.1 mg; sodium chloride - 8 mg; edetate disodium - 1 mg; hypromellose - 2 mg; sodium hydroxide - in sufficient quantities; hydrochloric acid - in sufficient quantities; water for injection - up to 1 ml.
The release form of Danzil is ear and eye drops: light yellowish, transparent (5 ml each in plastic dropper bottles with a screw-on cap, or in plastic bottles corked by a dropper; in a cardboard bundle 1 bottle or dropper bottle).
Dancil is a group of fluoroquinolone antimicrobial antibiotics. The mechanism of its action is associated with the effect on an enzyme called DNA gyrase, which normally ensures the stability of the pathogen's DNA through supercoiling. As a result of the destabilization of the genetic material of bacteria, their death occurs, that is, the drug has a bactericidal effect.
Ofloxacin is not sensitive to the action of certain enzymes secreted by bacteria. These include beta-lactamase, adenylase, acetyltransferase, phosphorylase. Ofloxacin is a synthetic drug that is a fluorinated quinolone. It has a wide spectrum of action and is effective against gram-negative microorganisms. It acts on gram-positive bacteria to a lesser extent.
Ofloxacin is active against most of the strains listed below: Chlamydia trachomatis; Haemophilus influenzae; Enterobacter cloacae; Proteus mirabilis; Staphylococcus aureus; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Streptococcus pneumoniae.
Indications for use
What does Danzil help? These are infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by microorganisms that are sensitive to ofloxacin, including: diseases of the lower respiratory tract, ear, throat, nose, skin, soft tissues, bones, joints, infectious and inflammatory diseases of the abdominal organs (with the exception of bacterial enteritis) and small pelvis, infection of the kidneys and urinary tract, prostatitis, gonorrhea.
Contraindications to receive:
- Intolerance to the components of Danzil.
- Nonbacterial form of otitis.
- Dysfunction of the central nervous system.
- Bearing a child.
- Age up to a year (for ocular pathologies).
- Adolescence (for ear ailments).
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Fluoroquinolones are contraindicated during pregnancy, as they have an embryotoxic effect.
Despite the fact that the drug is used topically and is unlikely to be able to penetrate the placental barrier, doctors do not recommend risking the health of the future baby and are advised to choose a safer alternative if necessary.
The drug can be detected in breast milk in trace concentrations, so for the duration of treatment should stop breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that the drops Danzil buried in the ear or eye.
The recommended dosing regimen for adults and children from 12 years:
- External otitis: 1 time per day - 10 drops in a sore ear. The course is one week.
- Acute otitis media: 5 drops - 2 times a day. The course is 10 days.
- Purulent otitis media with a ruptured ear membrane: 10 drops - 2 times a day. The course is two weeks.
- Before instillation, the bottle should be slightly heated in the hand. Cold solution in the ear can cause dizziness.
The recommended dosing regimen for adults and children from 12 years:
- Bacterial corneal ulcer: For the first two days, 2 drops are dropped into the infected eye every half hour. During sleep - after 4-6 hours. From the third day breaks increase to four times a day.
- When conjunctivitis, blepharitis, dacryocystitis, for the prevention of postoperative inflammation, drops are used at the beginning of therapy, 2 drops every 2-4 hours. Gradually reduce the dose in half.
When using drops in the ears, the following side effects are possible:
- Pain when a membrane is torn.
- Sensation of cod in the ears.
- Temporary loss of sound sensitivity.
- Itching and burning.
- Allergic reactions.
With long-term use of drops, the body may become addictive and, as a result, an overdose of drops. The body's sensitivity will be lost. Therefore, do not use the drug longer than the prescribed course of treatment. In special cases, it is recommended to use the drug analogues.
- When using ofloxacin, sufficient hydration of the body should be ensured, the patient should not be exposed to ultraviolet radiation.
- In experimental studies, mutagenic potential was not detected. Long-term studies to determine the carcinogenicity of ofloxacin have not been conducted.
- During the period of treatment is required to monitor the level of glucose in the blood. With long-term therapy, it is necessary to periodically monitor the function of the kidneys, liver, and the picture of peripheral blood.
- In studies on young animals of several species, ofloxacin caused arthropathy and osteochondrosis.
- With the simultaneous use of ofloxacin and NSAIDs increases the risk of a stimulating effect on the central nervous system and seizures.
- With simultaneous use of ofloxacin with beta-lactam antibiotics, aminoglycosides and metronidazole, additive interaction was observed.
- With simultaneous use with theophylline it is possible to increase its concentration in the blood plasma (including in equilibrium), an increase in T1 / 2. This increases the risk of adverse reactions associated with the action of theophylline.
- When used simultaneously with antacids containing calcium, magnesium or aluminum, with sucralfate, with preparations containing divalent or trivalent cations, such as iron, or with multivitamins containing zinc, it is possible that absorption of quinolones is impaired, leading to a decrease in their concentration in the body. These drugs should not be used within 2 hours before or within 2 hours after taking ofloxacin.
We picked up some feedback from people about Dancil:
- Anna. I use Danzil ear drops is not the first time. The main advantage of the drug remains a quick therapeutic effect and an acceptable cost. As soon as autumn or spring comes, I immediately get sick with a cold. My pharyngitis is exacerbated by otitis. The doctor prescribed me Danzil drops. What surprised me about him was his versatility, because you can use it as a treatment for diseases of the ears and eyes. Pain in the ears can not be called pleasant. But as soon as I began to drop drops, the pain subsided the very next day.
- Diana. Appointed with sinusitis and tubootitis. There were pains in the ear and such a congestion that he did not hear anything. After the first time of use, the congestion disappeared and the hearing was restored.
- Marina. The considered drug in our large family is in great demand. For example, my uncle uses them to treat conjunctivitis. He works all the time in a draft, so he often has problems with gases. But as soon as he drips Danzil, as the condition improves, the unpleasant symptoms go away. The drug helped me when I was receiving external otitis. I used the drops according to the standard scheme during the day, but at night I put a cotton swab in my ear, treated with a solution. In the first days of the illness, I had a terrible pain, but after using the drops, I could forget about it. And the healing process began to go much faster. I am very pleased with the action that the medicine has, so I decided to purchase it and place it in our first-aid kit.
Analogs of the drug Dancil for pharmacological action are: Zofloks, Glaufos, Zanotsin, Unifloks, Floksal, Tarivid, Taritsin, Oflotsin, Ofloksin, Oflomak, Ofloksatsin Teva, Ofloksabol, Ofloks, Ofloksacin DS, Of
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Dancil is recommended to be stored in a cool, dark room at a temperature not higher than 25 C. The preparation is forbidden to freeze.
Danzil's shelf life is 2 years. After opening it is necessary to use means within 30 days. After the expiration of the shelf life you need to dispose of the drug.