Ginalgin has antifungal, antibacterial effect and is used by patients in the treatment of genital diseases.
Its composition allows you to suppress streptococci, Trichomonas, Clostridia, Shegella and more. Unfriendly microorganisms are destroyed, an environment unfavorable to their reproduction is formed.
On this page you will find all the information about Ginalgin: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used candles Ginalgin. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
A drug with antibacterial, antiprotozoal and antifungal effects for local use in gynecology.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Ginalgin? The average price in pharmacies is about 300 rubles.
Release form and composition
Each Ginalgin vaginal tablet contains 0.25 g of metronidazole, 0.1 g of chlorochinaldol. Additional components: anhydrous citric acid, rice starch, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate, polyethylene glycol-6000 and ultra-amylopectin.
In carton packs 2 blisters of 5 tablets of beige color with overflow and extruded letter G in cells.
Combined medication for intravaginal use Ginalgin has antifungal, antibacterial and antiprotozoal effects due to the action of such active ingredients:
- Chlorine Creator , Salmonella (Salmonella spp.), motile bacteria Proteus vulgaris (Proteus vulgaris), rod-shaped bacteria Shigella (Shigella spp.), E. coli (lycantia (Lamblia intestinalis), dysenteric amoeba (erythromychol), erythromynephane), erythroma, erythrocyne, erythromynephane, erythrocyne, erythrocyne, erythemone, erythromycene, erythrocyne, erythemol, hyphae), erythemol, hyphae), erythemol, hygiene erythema, erythemol, erythemol, erythemol, hyphae).
- Metronidazole, being an effective antiprotozoal and antimicrobial agent of a broad spectrum of action, affects microorganisms, leading them to death. It is active against intestinal Giardia (Giardia intestinalis, Lamblia intestinalis), Trichomonas (Trichomonas vaginalis), dysenteric amoebas (Entamoeba histolytica), obligate anaerobes and sensitive strains of eubacteria (Eubacterium).
- Citric acid, reducing the pH of the vagina, provokes the growth and reproduction of Doderlein sticks.
Indications for use
Ginalgin is used in complex therapy or as monotherapy in infectious and inflammatory diseases of the vagina, which are caused by pathogens that are sensitive to the effect of the drug.
Hypersensitivity to metronidazole or other nitroimidazole derivatives; individual intolerance to chlorquinaldone and other ingredients that make up the vaginal tablets, blood diseases, leukopenia (including a history of); impaired coordination of movements, organic lesions of the central nervous system (including epilepsy); liver failure (in the case of the appointment of large doses), pregnancy, breastfeeding.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant ginalgin can be assigned only in extreme cases, with the ineffectiveness of alternative means.
During lactation, before starting treatment with Ginalgin, it is recommended to cancel breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that 1 vaginal tablet Ginalgin used per day for 7-10 days. Treatment begins 2-4 days after menstruation. The tablet should be inserted deep into the vagina, preferably in the evening before bedtime.
If necessary, may conduct a second course of treatment.
Ginalgin patient tolerated normally. In some cases, local side effects may develop, as well as systemic reactions due to absorption of metronidazole.
- Gastrointestinal tract: discomfort in the stomach, nausea, vomiting, spastic epigastric pain, unpleasant taste in the mouth, flatulence, abnormal stool, anorexia, pancreatitis, hepatitis with cholestasis.
- Nervous system: depressive states, tingling in limbs, dizziness, headache, violation of wakefulness and sleep, convulsions, peripheral sensory neuropathy.
- Allergic reactions: hyperthermia, urticaria, hyperemia of the skin, anaphylactic shock, angioedema.
- Urogenital system: darkening of the urine, irritation of the vaginal mucosa, irregular menstruation, vaginal discharge, vaginal bleeding, pain in the pelvic region.
- Others: neutropenia, reduced visual acuity, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia.
Also during the treatment period with candles Ginalgin, false-positive Nelson test results may be obtained.
With a significant excess of the recommended dose in patients may develop overdose phenomena, which are expressed in strengthening the above-described side effects and the general deterioration of the patient's condition.
With the development of such reactions, drug treatment should be stopped immediately and consult a doctor.
If you accidentally take vaginal tablets orally, the patient should immediately flush the stomach and give to enterosorbents.
- During the period of drug treatment is recommended to refrain from sexual intercourse.
- Metronidazole can immobilize treponemas, which leads to a false-positive TPI test (Nelson's test).
- During treatment, you should refrain from performing potentially hazardous activities that require special attention and quick reactions (driving, etc.).
- With indications of a history of changes in the composition of peripheral blood, as well as with the use of the drug in high doses and / or with its long-term use, control of the complete blood count is necessary.
Vaginal tablets Geninal should not be combined either with alcoholic beverages or with drugs based on alcohol, iodine, antiseptics or metals. The drug Ginalgin affects the integrity of the intrauterine and barrier contraceptives of latex material.
We picked up some reviews of people about Ginalgin:
- Alina. In my case, the Ginalgin vaginal tablets were ineffective. They only weakened some of the symptoms of thrush, but did not completely relieve. A week was bothered by headaches, and had to undergo another medication.
- Oksana. Rested on the sea and earned thrush. The doctor prescribed Ginalgin suppositories for a week. The first thing that pleased this product is its cost. Candles are not oily and very hard, they will melt for a long time. In order to introduce them to their intended purpose, I pre-moistened suppositories in some water. After the introduction of candles felt dry and weak burning. The unpleasant itch was very fast. Then the cheesy discharge gradually ceased, inflammation and swelling passed. After five days of treatment with Ginalgin, all the symptoms of candidiasis disappeared.
- Inna Ginalgin applied against bacterial vaginosis. There were no adverse reactions and discomfort, too. The use of pills did not cause problems. After a 10-day course, she used Waginorm. While the recurrence of the disease was not.
The following drugs are similar in their therapeutic effect with Ginalgin tablets:
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Keep the drug should be out of the reach of children at a temperature not exceeding 25 degrees. The shelf life of tablets is not more than 2 years from the date of the date of manufacture of the drug.