Visanna is a drug that is widely used in obstetric and / or gynecological practice.
The basis of the therapeutic effect of the drug is a steroid hormone derivative - dienogest. Visanna has pronounced gestagenic properties that inhibit the action of female sex hormones, estrogen.
On this page you will find all the information about Vizanna: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Vizann. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is Byzanna? The average price in pharmacies is 3,300 rubles.
Release form and composition
Dosage form - tablets: almost white or white, round flat form, with beveled edges, “B” engraved on one of the sides (14 pieces in a blister, in a cardboard box of 2, 6 or 12 blisters).
The main active ingredient of the drug is dienogest, which is contained in the amount of 2 mg in 1 tablet. Also included in the tablet are auxiliary components, which include:
- Povidone K25.
- Lactose monohydrate.
- Microcrystalline cellulose.
- Potato starch.
- Magnesium stearate.
At the heart of Vizanna is the active ingredient Dienogest. Its effectiveness is as follows:
- a decrease in the total number of nerve endings in the foci of endometriosis, which gives an analgesic effect;
- reduction of the inflammatory process;
- reduced production of prostaglandins, which provoke pain;
- stopping excessive growth of the endometrium;
- normalization of hormonal levels as a result of the suppression of excess estrogen production;
- depletion of the blood vessels that feed the endometriotic tissue.
Treatment with Vizanna has no effect on the maturation of the egg. Therefore, women who are planning a pregnancy remain able to conceive a child. In addition, according to reviews of doctors, conception in women with endometriosis occurs several times faster after the course of Vizanna.
Indications for use
If Byzanna is prescribed, the instructions for use for endometriosis are the first to be read.
The main indications for taking the drug:
- elimination of heavy bleeding during menstruation;
- reduction of pain during menstruation;
- preparation for conception.
Dienogest, which is the basis of Vizanna, is used both as part of complex therapy and as an independent drug. Most importantly, take the drug exactly as instructed.
Despite the fact that the drug is prescribed in almost all cases of endometriosis, it is important to bear in mind that if you have any of these conditions, its reception may adversely affect the health of the woman.
These contraindications include:
- breast cancer and other hormone-dependent malignant neoplasms, including those suspected of them;
- benign and malignant tumors of the liver (including history);
- vaginal bleeding of unknown origin;
- age up to 18 years;
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- severe liver disease (including history) - in the absence of positive dynamics in the results of liver tests;
- indication in the history of cholestatic jaundice of pregnant women;
- lactase deficiency, galactose intolerance, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- pathologies of the heart and arteries caused by atherosclerotic vascular lesions: coronary heart disease, transient ischemic attack, stroke, myocardial infarction (including history);
- venous thromboembolism at present, acute thrombophlebitis;
- diabetes with vascular complications.
Care should be taken when prescribing Vizanna for women with a history of depression, arterial hypertension, chronic heart failure, diabetes mellitus without vascular complications, hyperlipidemia, migraine with aura, a history of deep vein thrombophlebitis, and / or not to have to do with vascular thromboembolism and / or not.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Data on the use of the drug Vizanna in pregnant women is limited. The data obtained in animal studies and data on the use of dienogest in women during pregnancy did not reveal a specific risk for pregnancy, fetal development, childbirth, and child development after birth. The drug Vizann should not be prescribed to pregnant women in the absence of the need to treat endometriosis during pregnancy.
Acceptance of the drug Vizanna during breastfeeding is not recommended, because animal studies indicate the release of dienogest with breast milk.
The decision to discontinue breastfeeding or to refuse to take Byzanna is taken based on an assessment of the ratio of the benefits of breastfeeding to the child and the benefits of treatment for the woman.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that Vizanna appointed for 6 months. The decision on further therapy is made by the doctor depending on the clinical picture.
- The pill can be started on any day of the menstrual cycle. Take 1 tab. / Day without a break, preferably at the same time every day, if necessary with a glass of water or other liquid. Tablets must be taken continuously, regardless of bleeding from the vagina. After completion of taking the pills from one pack, start taking the pills from the next one, without taking a break in taking the drug.
When skipping pills and in the case of vomiting and / or diarrhea (if it occurs within 3-4 hours after taking the pill), the effectiveness of the drug Bezanne may decrease.
If one or more pills are missed, a woman should take 1 pill as soon as she remembers, and then continue taking the pills the next day at the usual time. Instead of a pill that was not absorbed due to vomiting or diarrhea, you should also take 1 pill.
Taking the Vizann tablets can lead to the development of side effects from various organs and systems, these include:
- From the hematopoietic system: infrequently - anemia.
- From the senses: infrequently - a feeling of dry eyeballs, ringing in the ears.
- Urinary system: Infrequently, urinary tract and bladder infection.
- Alimentary and metabolic disorders: often - weight gain; Infrequently, weight loss or increased appetite.
- The reproductive system: often - an increase in the mammary glands, breast tenderness, cystic lesion of the ovaries, irregular uterine bleeding, amenorrhea; infrequently - vaginal candidiasis, dry mucous membranes of the vulvovaginal area, pelvic pain, atrophic vulvovaginitis, discharge from the genitals, fibrocystic mastopathy or compaction of the mammary glands of another origin.
- From the musculoskeletal system: often - pain, which is localized in the lower back; infrequently - bone pain, especially in the extremities, short-term muscle spasms, "non-lifting limbs" (an unpleasant feeling of heaviness in the arms and legs).
- For the skin: often - acne, alopecia; infrequently - dry skin, hyperhidrosis, itching, hirsutism, hypertrichosis, onicoclasia, dandruff, dermatitis with various pathogens, impaired pigmentation, photosensitivity reactions.
- CNS: often - headache, migraine, disturbed sleep and wakefulness, decreased libido, frequent mood changes; infrequently - imbalance of the peripheral nervous system, depression, attention disorders, anxiety.
- SSS: infrequently - impaired blood circulation of unexplained genesis, rapid heartbeat, hypotension.
- Gastrointestinal tract: often - nausea, vomiting, pain in the epigastrium or lower abdomen, flatulence and a feeling of abdominal distention; infrequently - constipation or diarrhea, inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, gingivitis.
- Other: often - asthenia (fatigue, malaise and irritability); infrequently - puffiness.
No serious violations in overdose were reported. Symptoms that may occur with an overdose: nausea, vomiting, spotting, or metrorrhagia. There is no specific antidote; symptomatic treatment should be carried out.
Before you start taking the Vizann tablets, you should carefully read the instructions. There are several specific indications regarding the use of the drug, which include:
- The drug does not affect the speed of psychomotor reactions and concentration.
- While taking the pills, you can not simultaneously apply the methods of oral contraception using hormonal drugs.
- Before the use of the drug for the treatment of endometriosis, it is necessary to exclude pregnancy, since in case of its presence, therapy of this pathology is not carried out.
- The use of Vizanna tablets for nursing women is not recommended, since the active substance passes into breast milk, which can affect the condition of the infant.
- The drug can interact with various drugs, so if they are taken in parallel, the doctor should be warned about this.
With caution, Vizann tablets are used in women with a tendency to depression, an ectopic pregnancy in the past, impaired lipid (fat) metabolism, and the presence of thromboembolic processes in the past, including thrombophlebitis. In these cases, the drug is prescribed only after a thorough analysis of the risk / benefit ratio from its use.
With simultaneous use of Vizanna:
- CYP3A4 inhibitors: azole antifungal agents (including itraconazole, ketoconazole, ace), verapamil, cimetidine, macrolides (including erythromycin, roxithromycin, clarithromycin), protease inhibitors (such as ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavicrine, insulin), inhibitors of proteases (such as ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavicrine, insulin), inhibitors of proteases (such as ritonavir, indinavir, saquinavira, insect therapy, clarithromycin), protease inhibitors (such as ritonavir, indinavir, saquinacrine, indacvir, insulin) nefazodone, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine), grapefruit juice - contribute to an increase in the concentration of dienogest in the blood plasma and the risk of side effects.
- Inductors of microsomal enzymes of the cytochrome P system450: phenytoin, barbiturates, primidone, carbamazepine, rifampicin, oxcarbazepine, topiramate, felbamate, nevirapine, griseofulvin, means of St. John's wort, increase the clearance of sex hormones and reduce the therapeutic effect of the drug.
Before taking any means simultaneously with the treatment with the drug Vizanna, consult your doctor.
We picked up some reviews of people about the drug Bezanne:
- Olya Drink Byzanna is the second course. The first time saw 8 months, I felt good. After the cancellation, the pain and heavy bleeding gradually returned. After hysteroscopy, they assigned Bezanne again. conventional contraceptives do not give any effect at all. I have been drinking for 5 months, it has become better, but the symptoms have not completely disappeared, the disease progresses, has gained excess weight, although the activity and food intake are the same, although it is not just with a brutal appetite, and the further, the worse. The doctor suggested changing the drug to Zoladex. We'll have to agree, despite the huge cost.
- Catherine. He was prescribed a Vizann drug after surgery to remove an endometrioid cyst and fibroid, endometriosis 2-3 degree. Against the background of the reception of the Byzantine recurrent cyst, and after two months of use. There was a constant daub, the abolition of the drug after 5 months of useless treatment. The result was repeated laparoscopy and buserelin depot was prescribed for 4 months, so long as there are no cysts, there are no menstruations either during the treatment.
- Maria. She took the winanth for 6 months, the pains stopped during the menstruation period (her stomach and back ached severely), she became calmer and her mood was even. The only negative - a lot of hair fell out. I hope to win over the disease and believe in a long-awaited pregnancy.
- Julia. The first weeks after taking Vizanna were tormented by nightmares, although perhaps it was the effects of anesthesia before laparoscopy, the mammary glands were very painful, but after 3 weeks the pain had passed. Brown discharge mucous character does not stop until now.
Structural analogues of the active substance of the drug Vizanna not.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Shelf life of the drug is 2 years from the date of its manufacture. The Vizann tablets must be stored in a dark place inaccessible to children at an air temperature not higher than + 30 ° C.