Vigamoks - antibacterial eye drops, for local use, with a broad spectrum of bactericidal activity.
They contain an antibiotic - moxifloxacin (a group of fluoroquinolones) and are used to treat various inflammatory diseases of the eye (conjunctivitis, keratitis, etc.) caused by various microorganisms sensitive to the drug.
On this page you will find all the information about Vigamoks: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Vigamoks eye drops. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Antibacterial drug of the fluoroquinolone group for topical use in ophthalmology.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much is vigamoks? The average price in pharmacies is 250 rubles.
Release form and composition
Vigamox drops are a clear solution. 1 ml of solution contains the main active ingredient of the drug moxifloxacin in the amount of 5 mg (0.5% solution). Also included are auxiliary components, which include:
- Hydrochloric acid or hydroxide to bring the pH to the required value.
- Purified water.
- Sodium chloride.
- Boric acid.
The solution of eye drops Vigamoks contained in a plastic bottle dropper with a volume of 3 and 5 ml. Carton packs contain one bottle of solution and instructions for use of the drug.
Vigamoks is a broad spectrum antibacterial drug for local use.
The drug is widely used in ophthalmology due to its bactericidal properties against a large number of bacteria, such as streptococci, Staphylococcus, diphtheria, E. coli, Salmonella, Gonococcus, Chlamydia, Mycoplasma, Spirochete, Klebsiella, strains of microorganisms, which can be used, can be used in a resilient way, and if you can be used in a resilient pattern, you can use the same pattern, you can be used in the same way. .
Vigamox drops have a long therapeutic effect, which manifests itself soon after application. 10-15 minutes after instillation, the drug produces the expected therapeutic effect. The duration of the bactericidal action is about 6-8 hours.
Indications for use
Vigamox drops are indicated for the topical treatment of conjunctivitis caused by microorganisms sensitive to moxifloxacin.
- Lactation period (breastfeeding);
- Children's age up to 1 year;
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug or to other quinolones.
According to the instructions, Vigamox during pregnancy (category C by the FDA) can be used only in cases where the expected therapeutic effect for the mother outweighs the possible risk to the baby.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Vigamox Drops apply space.
- Adults and children over 1 year old are instilled 1 drop in the affected eye 3 times a day.
Usually, improvement occurs in 5 days and treatment should be continued in the next 2-3 days. If the condition does not improve after 5 days, you should raise the question of the correctness of the diagnosis and / or prescribed treatment.
The duration of treatment depends on the severity of the condition and the clinical and bacteriological course of the disease.
When using Vigamox, the following adverse reactions are possible:
- Systemic (in rare cases): vascular edema, collapse of the cardiovascular system, headache, loss of consciousness, pharyngitis, respiratory failure.
- Local: dry eyes, blurred vision, itching, keratitis, transient discomfort, subconjunctival bleeding.
Overdose is impossible due to the limited space of the conjunctival sac. Accidental oral medication also does not cause intoxication.
- Vigamoks can be used in pediatrics in children from 1 year in doses similar to adults.
- Do not touch the tip of the dropper bottle to any surface to avoid contamination of the bottle and its contents. The bottle must be closed after each use.
- Prolonged use of the antibiotic can lead to excessive growth of refractory microorganisms, including fungi. In the event of superinfection, it is necessary to discontinue the drug and prescribe adequate therapy.
- Patients who used the quinolone systemic drugs experienced severe, in some cases, fatal hypersensitivity reactions (anaphylaxis), sometimes immediately after taking the first dose (!). Some reactions were accompanied by collapse, loss of consciousness, angioedema (including laryngeal and / or facial edema), airway obstruction, shortness of breath, urticaria, and pruritus. In the event of the above condition may require resuscitation.
After use of the drug, a temporary decrease in the clarity of visual perception is possible, and before it is restored, it is not recommended to drive a car or engage in activities requiring increased attention and reaction.
The interaction of this dosage form with other drugs has not been studied.
However, according to data on the interaction of the antibiotic of other forms of release, it can be combined with warfarin, probenitsid, theophylline, digoxin, glibenclamide, rhinitidin, contraceptives (oral), drugs, in the metabolism of which the enzyme P450 is involved.
With caution combined with cisapride, neuroleptics, erythromycin, quinidine, sotalol, procainamide.
We picked up some feedback from people about Vigamoks:
- Anya. I have been using this drug for myself and my daughter for several years with conjunctivitis. It works almost instantly! Heals quickly, relieves conjunctivitis in a couple of days! At one time, I suffered a great deal from conjunctivitis, but after exploring this drug, I forgot what it is!
- Sasha. I recently had eye surgery. After laser vision correction, the doctor prescribed Vigamoks for prophylactic purposes. Drops almost immediately eased discomfort in the eyes. On the third day in general, I began to feel great!
The drug is often used in barley and conjunctivitis, especially in pediatric patients. According to reviews, Vigamoks is very effective in these cases and acts fairly quickly. However, some patients do not like a large number of adverse reactions, including allergic ones, and the high cost of the drug: they prefer more affordable counterparts.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Moxifloxacin hydrochloride;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store in a closed vial at a temperature of 20-25 degrees Celsius.