Universal assistance in the shortest possible time for a small price is acetylsalicylic acid.
It helps from so many ailments and pressing problems. In addition to the well-known beneficial properties, acetylsalicylic acid for headache is used by almost all people in a variety of situations.
On this page you will find all the information about acetylsalicylic acid: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used acetylsalicylic acid. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
NSAIDs. It has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects, as well as inhibits platelet aggregation.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is acetylsalicylic acid? The average price in pharmacies is at 15 rubles.
Release form and composition
Acetylsalicylic acid is available in tablets. The composition is represented by a different amount of the active substance - 100, 250, 50 mg, supplemented with citric acid and potato starch.
After taking acetylsalicylic acid into the body, hyperemia is reduced, capillary permeability at the site of inflammation decreases - all this leads to a noticeable analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect. The drug quickly penetrates into all tissues and fluids, absorption occurs in the intestine and liver.
Action of acetylsalicylic acid:
- Reduces fever, while not affecting normal performance;
- Eliminates the pain of low and medium intensity;
- Acetylsalicylic acid dilutes the blood, violates the aggregation of platelets - reduces the load on the heart muscle, reduces the risk of a heart attack;
- Provides lasting anti-inflammatory effect 24-48 hours after the start of medication.
The drug can be taken to prevent thrombosis, stroke, reduce the risk of circulatory disorders in the brain.
Indications for use
What helps these pills? Indications for acetylsalicylic acid are:
- Febrile syndrome;
- Ischemic heart disease, thromboembolism, atrial fibrillation and myocardial infarction (as a prophylactic agent);
- Acute rheumatic fever, rheumatic chorea, Dressler's syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis;
- Spinal diseases that are accompanied by pain syndromes (lumbago, sciatica, osteochondrosis);
- Migraine, as well as headaches, joints, muscle, menstrual and toothache, neuralgia, osteoarthritis;
- Acute thrombophlebitis, pulmonary infarction.
Tablets can not be taken in the case of:
- "Aspirin Triad";
- Vitamin K deficiency;
- Renal and / or liver failure;
- Deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Children under the age of 15;
- Reye's syndrome;
- Portal hypertension;
- Hemorrhagic diathesis;
- Dissecting aortic aneurysm;
- I and III trimester of pregnancy, as well as lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to salicylates, including acetylsalicylic acid;
- A history of urticaria, rhinitis, caused by taking this drug and / or other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Exacerbations of erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Gastrointestinal bleeding;
With caution, under close medical supervision, the drug is used for liver and kidney diseases, gastrointestinal problems in history, bronchial asthma, increased bleeding, decompensated chronic heart failure, during the second trimester of pregnancy and during anticoagulation therapy.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Contraindicated for use in the I and III trimesters of pregnancy. In the II trimester of pregnancy a one-time admission is possible according to strict indications.
It has a teratogenic effect: when applied in the first trimester, it leads to the development of splitting of the upper palate, in the third trimester it causes inhibition of labor activity (inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis), premature closure of the arterial duct in the fetus, hyperplasia of the pulmonary vessels and hypertension in the pulmonary circulation.
Acetylsalicylic acid is excreted in breast milk, which increases the risk of bleeding in a child due to dysfunction of platelets, so you should not use acetylsalicylic acid in the mother during lactation.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that acetylsalicylic acid tablets are intended for oral administration, preferably after meals, with milk, plain or alkaline mineral water.
- The adult recommends using acetylsalicylic acid for adults 3-4 times a day, 1-2 tablets (500-1000 mg), with a maximum daily dose of 6 tablets (3 g). The maximum duration of acetylsalicylic acid is 14 days.
- In order to improve the rheological properties of blood, and also as an inhibitor of gluing platelets, ½ acetylsalicylic acid tablets per day are prescribed for several months. For myocardial infarction and for the prevention of secondary myocardial infarction, the instruction for acetylsalicylic acid recommends taking 250 mg per day. Dynamic disorders of cerebral circulation and cerebral thromboembolism involve taking ½ acetylsalicylic acid tablets with a gradual reduction of the dose to 2 tablets per day.
- The duration of treatment (without consulting a doctor) should not exceed 7 days when prescribed as an analgesic and more than 3 days as an antipyretic.
Under the supervision of a physician, acetylsalicylic acid is prescribed for children in the following single doses: over 2 years old - 100 mg, 3rd year of life - 150 mg, four years old - 200 mg, over 5 years old - 250 mg.
Before using acetylsalicylic acid tablets, the patient should consult a doctor. If you exceed the dose or uncontrolled and long-term use of this drug may develop the following side effects:
- Impaired visual acuity;
- Bleeding - intestinal, nasal, gingival, stomach;
- Pains in the field of epigastria, nausea, vomiting;
- Dizziness and weakness;
- Loss of appetite;
- Development of acute renal failure;
- Bronchospasm, in severe cases, the development of angioedema and anaphylactic shock;
- Changes in the clinical picture of blood - reducing the amount of hemoglobin and platelets;
- Liver and kidney problems
If you use the drug in large quantities, not corresponding to the recommended doses, there may be negative reactions. Overdose causes the following problems:
- hearing and vision problems;
- violations of acid-base balance and electrolyte;
- nausea, accompanied by vomiting, the presence of pain in the abdomen;
- drowsy state.
In rare cases, drug abuse leads to metabolic acidosis and coma.
- Acetylsalicylic acid even in small doses reduces the excretion of uric acid from the body, which can cause an acute attack of gout in susceptible patients. When conducting long-term therapy and / or the use of acetylsalicylic acid in high doses requires the supervision of a physician and regular monitoring of hemoglobin levels.
- Before surgery, to reduce bleeding during surgery and in the postoperative period, salicylates should be discontinued for 5-7 days.
- The use of acetylsalicylic acid in pediatrics is contraindicated, because in the case of viral infection in children under the influence of acetylsalicylic acid increases the risk of Reye's syndrome. Symptoms of Reye's syndrome are prolonged vomiting, acute encephalopathy, enlarged liver.
Compatibility with alcohol
Alcohol in the period of ASA is contraindicated. Such a combination can cause stomach and intestinal bleeding, as well as severe hypersensitivity reactions.
With simultaneous use with acetylsalicylic acid:
- Antidiabetic drugs - lowering blood sugar levels;
- Antacids containing magnesium and / or aluminum hydroxide, slow down and reduce the absorption of acetylsalicylic acid;
- Calcium channel blockers, agents that limit calcium intake or increase the excretion of calcium from the body - the risk of bleeding increases;
- The effect of heparin and indirect anticoagulants, methotrexate, phenytoin, valproic acid is enhanced;
- Acetylsalicylic acid can reduce plasma concentrations of indomethacin, iroxycam;
- The effectiveness of uricosuric drugs is reduced;
- Griseofulvin - violation of acetylsalicylic acid absorption is possible;
- GCS - increases the risk of ulcerogenic action and the occurrence of gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Reduces the effectiveness of diuretics (spirolactone, furosemide);
- Other NSAIDs - increased risk of side effects;
- Alcohol - an increased risk of gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding;
- Serotonin reuptake inhibitors - increases the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Concentrations of digogsin, barbiturates and lithium salts in the blood plasma increase;
- Reducing the effectiveness of captopril and enalapril (with the use of acetylsalicylic acid in high doses);
- Caffeine - increases the rate of absorption, plasma concentration and bioavailability of acetylsalicylic acid, the risk of adverse reactions;
- Platelet aggregation inhibitors - an increased risk of bleeding.
Almost all the reviews about the ASC are positive. The drug is inexpensive, effective, well-studied, has a wide range of applications. Tablets perfectly relieve inflammation and fever, and regular intake of ASA in small doses reduces the risk cardiovascular complications in predisposed patients.
The disadvantages of the drug are usually called potential side effects. However, as most people point out, in order to avoid them, during the period of treatment it is enough to follow certain rules: at least, before taking the pills, you should carefully read the instructions and stop drinking alcohol for the entire period of treatment.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Aspiquor, Aspirin, Aspirin Cardio, Acekardol, Acetylsalicylic acid, CardiASK, Cardiomagnyl, Kolifarit, Mikristin, Plydol 100, Plydol 300, Polokard, Taspir, Trombo ASS, Trombogard 100, Trombopol, Upsarin UPSA.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Aspirin and Analgin
Is acetylsalicylic acid aspirin or analgin? Aspirin is a derivative of salicylic acid. Acetylsalicylic acid, which is often called aspirin, was obtained by replacing one hydroxyl group. Therefore, analginum is a completely different drug.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30 ° C in the reach of children.
Shelf life - 5 years. Do not use after the expiration date printed on the package.