Actipol is one of the most effective ophthalmologic drugs that has a strong antiviral effect. This drug effectively fights viral particles. In addition, the drug has an antioxidant effect.
Active components in a short time are absorbed into the eye tissue, accelerate the process of its recovery, which contributes to the speedy healing of a burn or some other injury.
On this page you will find all the information about Actipol: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Actipol. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Clinical and pharmacological group
Antiviral antioxidant, immunomodulatory, radioprotective action.
Pharmacy sales terms
How much does Actipol cost? The average price in pharmacies is 290 rubles.
Release form, composition and packaging
Plastic dropper bottles 5 ml for local use with a clear liquid. Contains 0.07% solution of para-aminobenzoic acid. Excipients: sodium chloride, water for injection.
Biological efficacy of aminobenzoic acid, which is the basis of Actipol eye drops, is due to its complex effect on enzymes and the restoration of their activity without affecting healthy tissues. Actipol stimulates the production of interferon - a protective protein produced by cells of the body during virus invasion, which explains the specificity of the antiviral effect of the drug.
Aktipol has immunomodulatory, antiviral and antioxidant properties, has a radioprotective effect. The drug is rapidly absorbed in the tissue of the eye, significantly speeding up the process of corneal regeneration; promotes wound healing, relieves swelling resulting from a viral infection, burn, injury or surgery.
What does Actipol help?
This drug is used for the treatment of such diseases:
- Conjunctivitis caused by viruses (adenovirus, herpes simplex, herpes zoster);
- Keratopathy post-traumatic, infectious, postoperative origin;
- Keratoconjunctivitis and keratoouveitis caused by adenoviruses;
- Burns and injuries of eye tissue;
- Dystrophic lesions of the cornea and retina.
Also, the use of Actipol is prescribed by specialists with chronic eye fatigue (caused by prolonged computer work) and discomfort after long wearing contact lenses.
Contraindications to the use of this drug is hypersensitivity to the compound of the drug.
To date, no clinical trials have been conducted regarding the use of the drug in children, during pregnancy and lactation. But Actipol can be used if the expected benefit exceeds the perceived risk.
Instructions for use Aktipol
The instructions for use indicate that Actipol is instilled into a conjunctival sac of a sore eye 1-2 drops 6-8 times a day.
After achieving the clinical effect, it is necessary to continue the instillation of Actipol 2 drops 3 times / day for 7 days.
Actipol is well tolerated. In rare cases, conjunctival hyperemia occurs, local allergic reactions are possible.
Accidental intake of the drug does not represent the risk of systemic side effects.
It is not recommended to use simultaneously Aktipol with enkada and sulfanilamide drugs (albumin).
The combined use of modified nucleosides (including ganciclovir, acyclovir, fludarabine phosphate) and antibiotics leads to an increase in the therapeutic effect of para-aminobenzoic acid.
Experts are skeptical about using Actipol for several reasons. First, the drug has become available only in Russia and some CIS countries, but has not gained worldwide fame. Secondly, this reason is rather a consequence of the first, large-scale experiments were not conducted with regard to the efficacy and safety of the drug. Mistrust is triggered solely by the lack of experience in using the drug, what patients themselves say.
- Olga, 47 years old, Sochi: "The constant tension of the eyes at work causes their fatigue and weakness. In connection with these complaints I turned to a specialist who wrote me Aktipol. I used some other drugs earlier, but the effect was either absent or was of short duration. The attending physician advised me to carry out 2-3 drops a day, 1 drop in the eye. Duration of the course was 1 week. Even a few days was enough to feel a positive effect. At the end of the treatment, discomfort and fatigue are gone. "
- Karina, 44, Omsk: "During the medical examination, the doctor discovered conjunctivitis and recommended to buy Actipol drops. She noticed problems herself, in the form of periodic appearance of pus, causeless tears and swelling. I liked the drug immediately because of the convenient packaging. Subsequently, the virus caught the effect in conjunctiva was eliminated. A small drawback - a large vial, despite the small volume, the liquid still remains. "
Actipol is an effective drug for healing the eyes and accelerating tissue regeneration, which has the least amount of side effects and is as safe as possible.
Structural analogues of the active substance drug Actipol has not. Analogs on the therapeutic effect (means for the treatment of viral conjunctivitis):
- Okoferon. The composition of eye drops includes interferon human recombinant alpha-2b. The cost of the drug is 400-550 rubles, which is several times more expensive than the original. In addition, the drug Aktipol has fewer contraindications, as well as adverse events.
- Poludan. The active ingredient of the drug Poludan is potassium polyriboadenylate. The cost of the drug was established at around 560 rubles. The main difference of the drug from the original Actipol is a smaller number of adverse events and contraindications. In addition, the cost of the original is much lower than the equivalent.
- Alfarona. The main substance of the drug is human interferon alpha-2b recombinant. In contraindications to the drug there is a severe form of allergy, pregnancy. The side effects of this drug is much greater, however, the remedy is used to treat a large number of diseases. To purchase the drug is not required to show a prescription from the attending ophthalmologist. Alfaron's drug costs an average of 880 rubles.
- Ophthalmoferon. The composition includes Interferon recombinant human alpha 2b and diphenhydramine. The drug has a small amount of adverse events, and is also practically devoid of contraindications. It is also important to understand that Ophthalmoferon has an extensive list of indications. The price of the drug was set at around 330 rubles.
- Oftan I am going. The main substance of the drug is idoxuridine. In the event of an overdose, no serious consequences were noted. The drug has a minimum number of contraindications. The drug costs 350 rubles.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Terms and conditions of storage
Keep out of reach of children, protected from light, at temperatures up to 40 ºС. Do not freeze.
Shelf life - 2 years. After the first opening, eye drops can be stored for 7 days, in polymeric dropper bottles - 14 days.