Hemorrhoids - a disease that is accompanied by the formation of specific venous nodes in the anus, usually worries young men who have a sedentary lifestyle or, on the contrary, are actively engaged in physical activity.
How to treat hemorrhoids in men who do not want to promptly contact the proctologist due to carelessness or cowardice, becomes a problem for the patient and the doctor. Since medical care is still needed, but the form of the disease will be started, conservative therapy will not help.
This means limiting the possibilities of full recovery and methods of treatment. Hemorrhoids for men try to find the means of help with the most effective and quick effect.
The main cause of hemorrhoids is a violation of the regulation of outflow and blood flow in the veins of the rectum, contributing to stagnation in the tissues. The etiology of the disease may include the presence of abnormally developed cavernous bodies, as well as congenital dysfunctions of the connective tissue or malfunction of the nervous regulation of the tone of the vein walls.
The reasons why hemorrhoids can progress:
- Constipation. They are one of the most common causes of hemorrhoids. For the intestines to work accurately, fiber is needed, which is found in large quantities in fruits and vegetables. Men prefer more satisfying products. Their main diet consists of meat dishes, and meat causes the formation of slags and the deterioration of the intestines. Moreover, spicy seasonings favored by men promote blood flow to the pelvis, creating conditions for stagnation, which leads to the formation of hemorrhoids.
- The work of many men is associated with a sedentary lifestyle, which leads to stagnation of blood in the pelvis. Truckers, programmers and office workers, who spend most of the day sitting at the computer, are at risk. In addition, few men walk. Most of them after such a hard day change into a car and drive home. Thus, the stagnation is aggravated and sooner or later hemorrhoids appear.
- The third major cause of the disease in men is age. The weakness of the vascular wall is one of the manifestations of aging. In women, it leads to the development of varicose veins, in men - to hemorrhoids.
- Excessive alcohol consumption. This risk factor is specific to male patients. The fact is that the representatives of the stronger sex often abuse alcoholic beverages, and this leads to the fact that the pelvic veins expand and blood flows to them. The more alcohol, the worse is the stagnant process.
- Weight lifting Weightlifters and men who are engaged in intensive physical labor (for example, movers) are in a special risk group.
In these reasons lies the difficulty of prevention. Very few men are willing to abandon their usual way of life just to ensure that there is something that, in their opinion, may not be. In this case, hemorrhoids can only be treated or endured unpleasant symptoms until the man decides to visit the proctologist and treat hemorrhoids.
In the initial stage, hemorrhoids can occur completely without symptoms. A man may occasionally experience slight itching in the sphincter area. Often the patient does not attach any importance to this.
The first signs of hemorrhoids in men are associated with the feeling that there is a foreign body in the rectum. This is due to gradual inflammation and an increase in hemorrhoids. After the act of defecation, the patient does not feel relief.
Loss and compaction of hemorrhoids indicates the progression of the disease. In addition, there is a release of caustic mucus, which provokes the development of inflammation and redness of the surrounding soft tissues.
Symptoms of hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids in men can be both external and internal. In the course of the internal course of the disease, the inflamed nodes are located above the anus (approximately 3 cm), while in the external, they fall out and bleed.
The main symptoms of hemorrhoids in men are as follows:
- pain and itching inside the anus, aggravated during an act of defecation;
- feeling of a foreign body or pressure in the anus;
- constant burning on the mucous membrane of the final section of the rectum;
- moist skin around the anus;
- spotting after stool or spontaneously on linen.
When hemorrhoids are formed, pain worries when sitting, walking, itching and burning does not give rest at night. To the touch, there are enlarged soft painful "bumps" on the outside.
In a very neglected situation, the symptoms of hemorrhoids are very deplorable: a man cannot sit, walk normally, he begins to have purulent processes in the anus (an infection penetrates into open wounds). Normal living becomes impossible, and treatment may require decisive action, and no folk remedies will not help! Excessive bleeding can quickly lead the patient to the operating table.
The prognosis for this disease is often favorable. When referring to a doctor for treating hemorrhoids in men at early stages, pathological processes quickly stabilize or stop development. Often there is a spontaneous resolution of the hemorrhoid.
At advanced stages, complications of hemorrhoids can occur: paraproctitis (inflammation of the fiber in the rectum), phlegmon of the pelvis, and also blood sepsis. Thrombosis and necrosis of the nodes bring major problems, since such conditions require urgent surgical intervention followed by rehabilitation.
What does hemorrhoids look like: photo in men
Manifestations of hemorrhoids are clearly represented in the photo. Perhaps, looking at these manifestations of the disease, you will accelerate a step towards visiting a doctor.Internal hemorrhoids External hemorrhoids
Treatment of hemorrhoids in men
Tactics of treatment of male hemorrhoids can be very different and it depends on what stage the disease is. It is used as a conservative method of treatment, and minimally invasive, surgical.
With any method, it is necessary to adhere to the following by the man:
- properly selected diet;
- physical exertion should not be excessive;
- the patient must completely give up alcohol at the time of treatment.
The main conservative methods of getting rid of a patient from hemorrhoids are:
- the use of ointments and creams;
- use of prescribed candles;
- methods of traditional medicine.
If the hemorrhoids are running, the treatment is carried out by radical methods. It can be minimally invasive techniques - cryodestruction, sclerotherapy, photocoagulation, ligation with latex rings. And with their failure - surgical removal of nodes.
Cure for hemorrhoids
Exclusively drug treatment with drugs is used mainly in the early stages of detecting the disease and includes:
- the use of ointments that relieve one of the discomfort symptoms of hemorrhoids - inflammation;
- the use of special candles, which also applies to symptomatic treatment;
- massage, which aims to improve the lymph flow and blood circulation in the pelvic area;
- oral use of various medications that help improve stool in a patient and relieve constipation.
Candles are introduced into the anus for internal hemorrhoids, and ointments are used for external. But before treating hemorrhoids, applying candles or ointments, a man must make sure that the ampoule of the rectum is freed from the feces, and the anus is cleaned.
Minimally invasive methods
Launched stage, the prolapse of the nodes, accompanied by a constant inflammatory process, is treated only by surgery. At the present stage of development of medicine, the usual operation — hemorrhoidectomy — with a rather difficult recovery process is rarely resorted to.
The most frequently used minimally invasive treatment methods:
- Ligation with latex rings is the main method of dealing with hemorrhoids stage 1-3. The method is based on squeezing the base of the node with a latex ring, as a result of which the blood circulation in it stops and it dies off.
- Coagulation by laser or infrared radiation is a fairly new method. It is based on a kind of "soldering" of the knot stem, which leads to a stop in the blood flow and dying off.
- Sclerotherapy The method involves the introduction into the site of a special substance, as a result of which it is flattened and dies.
And if these methods already did not help, then it is time to involve a surgeon. Under general anesthesia, hemorrhoidal surgery is performed. The operation requires special training and long-term rehabilitation, so treatment should be timely and not brought to the operating table. If you refuse treatment further, the risk of deterioration is high.
How to treat hemorrhoids in men at home
You can experiment using the following folk remedies and combining them with classical medicine at home.
- Sea buckthorn oil and carrot tea, which is used as an internal and external agent. You need to brew tea in the evening: from 5 fresh carrots you need to tear off the tops and pour 1 liter of boiling water over it. During the day, you need to drink 3 cups of such tea, and insert a tampon soaked in sea buckthorn oil into the anus. The course of treatment of carrot tea and sea buckthorn oil - 10 days. If it is inconvenient to insert a tampon during the day, then instead of it you can make sedentary baths before going to bed. The course of the baths - at least 20 times.
- Dissolve in a glass of cold boiled water a few grains of potassium permanganate (potassium permanganate). In the bowl to collect boiled water and cool. Gently pour the manganese solution into the water (make sure that there are no whole grains, as there is a risk of burning!), Stir until a slightly pink liquid is obtained. Lower the "fifth point" in the basin for 5 minutes. This tool treats well, if you do a bath 2 times a day.
- Another type of treatment uses decoctions of onion, garlic, calendula, dandelion or chamomile husks. For the use of such baths make a decoction of any of the above herbs, boiling up to 40-50 g of material in 5 liters of water and insisting the resulting decoction for 3-4 hours. Then they fill the bath and, having poured the mixture into it, put the patient there for 18-20 minutes.
- For external hemorrhoids make ointments and compresses. So, propolis ointment is boiled in a water bath. It needs 80 grams of olive oil and 15 grams of propolis. After boiling the mixture, it is removed from the heat, cooled and applied twice a day to the problem area for 2-3 weeks. Gruel made from fresh rowan berries is applied to the cones.
It should be remembered that folk remedies will not help you cure running hemorrhoids, they can only alleviate the symptoms of the disease. For full recovery, you should seek help from a proctologist.
Any advice on how to get rid of hemorrhoids will be useless if you do not follow the simple rules that promote healing of the skin.
Here are some basic rules:
- If a professional activity is associated with a sedentary lifestyle (staying in the office for a long time, driving a car, etc.), it is necessary to take breaks of 8-15 minutes every few hours (ideally - every 2-3 hours). During this rest, you can do a little warm-up, exercise, or go somewhere in order to strengthen the gluteal muscles;
- Eat often, but in small portions. You have to limit yourself to fatty and spicy foods, alcohol. The menu should contain the necessary volume of vegetables and fruits.
- Follow hygiene measures in the anus, wash with cool water (you can with soap) after each act of defecation;
- Avoid constipation, why eat foods high in fiber (vegetables and fruits), so as not to strain and not provoke a recurrence of hemorrhoids.
The treatment of hemorrhoids, and the prevention of relapses, will be effective only if a man is ready to change his lifestyle, thereby reducing the hemorrhoids and its signs to zero. In the worst case, the treatment of the disease will simply go on with the brand, muffling only the signs and manifestations of the ailment for a short time, but later will return again and again.