When an adult has a fever without symptoms, it is always worrying, because temperature, as one of the body's reactions, does not arise from scratch. However, the absence of any symptoms is frightening, since it is impossible to immediately determine the cause of this condition.
The optimal temperature indicator of normal processes in the human body is 36.6 ° C. However, there are times when the temperature is elevated without any reason.
On the one hand, for some people this is the norm: there are people who have it always 36, and there are those who have a normal one - 37.4 ° C. On the other hand, if a person normally has a normal temperature of 36.6 ° C, then a high temperature without symptoms in an adult means any kind of disturbance.
Why does high fever occur?
In all other situations, an increase in body temperature above normal indicates that the body is trying to fight something. In most cases, these are foreign agents in the body - bacteria, viruses, protozoa, or a consequence of physical effects on the body (burn, frostbite, foreign body). At elevated temperatures, the existence of agents in the body becomes difficult, infections, for example, die at a temperature of about 38 C.
All fevers are divided into three groups:
- Low-grade fever, in which the temperature rises from 37 to 38 degrees;
- Febrile fever - the temperature rises from 38 to 39 degrees;
- Hectic fever - temperature rise from up to 40 degrees and above.
But any organism, like a mechanism, is not perfect and can falter. In the case of temperature, we can observe this when the body reacts violently to various infections due to the individual characteristics of the immune system, and the temperature rises too high, for most people it is 38.5 C.
Causes of fever in adults without symptoms
A fever or fever is observed in almost all acute infectious diseases, as well as during the exacerbation of certain chronic diseases. And in the absence of catarrhal symptoms, doctors can determine the cause of the patient’s high body temperature indicators by isolating the pathogen either directly from the local source of infection or from the blood.
It is much more difficult to determine the cause of the temperature without signs of a cold, if the disease has arisen as a result of exposure to the body of conditionally pathogenic microbes (bacteria, fungi, mycoplasma) - while reducing general or local immunity. Then it is necessary to conduct a comprehensive laboratory study of not only blood, but also urine, bile, sputum and mucus.
Causes of temperature without symptoms may be associated with the following diseases:
- Endocrine diseases, for example, thyrotoxicosis;
- Systemic inflammations: Crohn's disease, rheumatism, polyarthritis, periarthritis nodosa, and others;
- Oncological diseases: tumors of the stomach, liver, kidneys, bronchi or lungs, lymphoma, leukemia;
- Diseases of the fungal, parasitic or viral etiology: syphilis, toxoplasmosis, candidiasis, malaria;
- Infectious diseases: HIV infection, Lyme disease, recurrent and typhus, tuberculosis;
- Inflammatory diseases of bacterial origin: sepsis, inflammation of the uterus, prostatitis, meningitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis, pneumonia, endocarditis, etc.
In all situations, a rise in temperature without cold symptoms indicates that the body is trying to deal with something. For example, the so-called subfebrile fever, often accompanied by anemia - a low level of hemoglobin in the blood.
Should I churn the temperature?
It is considered that the temperature increase is a favorable factor indicating the resistance of the body to destructive influences. When you read the thermometer to 38.5 ° C, you should not panic.
If its growth is observed, then it is worth bringing down the temperature using antipyretic drugs - Paracetamol, Aspirin ... you can also use NSAIDs - Ibuprofen, Nurofen. Children's Nurofen in the form of a sweet syrup is best suited for children, but aspirin can not be given to a child.
At 42 ° C, irreversible changes occur in the cerebral cortex and a fatal outcome is possible. But this rarely happens.
Temperature 37 without symptoms: possible causes
A runny nose, fever, sore throat are all common occurrences of the common cold. But what to do if the temperature holds 37 without symptoms? For what reasons it arises and how to deal with it, let's see.
Causes of fever with no visible symptoms:
- The onset of pregnancy (in women);
- Weakening of the immune system;
- The presence of any sluggish infection in the body;
- Depletion of human energy reserves;
- General tiredness, depressed or post-stress condition;
- Sexually transmitted diseases (syphilis, AIDS, etc.)
Basically, the temperature of 37 without symptoms in an adult is related to the fact that there is some reason that caused this condition, but it did not completely overcome the defenses of the person.
Temperature 38 without symptoms: possible causes
Temperature 38 without symptoms can occur quite often. And not always the reasons for this temperature are the same. This temperature can signal that lacunar or follicular tonsillitis begins (with catarrhal angina, the temperature rises slightly).
If the temperature above 38 degrees without symptoms lasts 3 or more days, then this may be a manifestation:
- Heart attack;
- Inflammation of the kidneys (this is characterized by severe stabbing pain in the lower back);
- Vascular dystonia, accompanied by irregular blood pressure;
The most unpleasant syndrome is maintaining a fever for several weeks or even months. This is most likely:
- A sign of development in the body of the tumor;
- Severe endocrine disruption;
- Diffuse changes in the liver or lungs.
The only thing that unites all these cases is that in any case the temperature rise is due to the resistance of the body, and therefore, the immune system is fighting.
Temperature 39 without symptoms: possible causes
If the temperature 39 without symptoms in an adult does not occur for the first time, then this is a clear sign of a pathological decline in immunity and the development of a chronic inflammatory process. The phenomenon may be accompanied by loss of consciousness, febrile convulsions, shortness of breath or its further increase. In this case, you must contact the medical institution.
A high body temperature of 39-39.5 ° without obvious symptoms can signal the following diseases:
- The presence of a tumor process;
- The development of catarrhal angina;
- Manifestation of an allergic reaction;
- Chronic pyelonephritis;
- The manifestation of the hypothalamic syndrome;
- The presence of viral endocarditis;
- The appearance of meningococcal infection.
Elucidation of the causes of temperature increase to 39 ° C in adults is a difficult task even for experienced specialists, since it is necessary to isolate the pathogen from the blood or the source of infection to establish the cause.
What to do?
First of all, go to the reception to your therapist. Very often, we are simply unable to notice these or other symptoms, and the doctor can easily identify them and be able to diagnose the disease. It is also necessary to pass tests, they will help to identify many diseases that do not appear externally. Sometimes a doctor may prescribe sputum, urine or blood, X-ray or ultrasound.
It is not recommended to abuse febrifuge. Removing a symptom, you can postpone the examination for a long time and start the disease, which, of course, is harmful to health.
If the temperature is very high, it is worthwhile to call an ambulance brigade so that the medical staff can provide emergency assistance and decide on the issue of hospitalization. In any case, high fever is the body’s cry for help, and attention should be paid to it.